Search Unity

What country are u from?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by NinjaRubberBand, Apr 18, 2014.

1. NinjaRubberBand

NinjaRubberBand

What country are u from? Im from Denmark!

2. pKallv

pKallv

Sweden

3. Steve-Tack

Steve-Tack

The United States of America. You may remember it from events such as: The American Revolutionary War, the Apollo moon landings, and the television show Here Comes Honey Boo Boo.

4. Kavorka

Kavorka

It would be nice if more people showed their location in the profile.

5. jammydodger

jammydodger

London UK

6. violinbg

violinbg

I'm from Bulgaria but I currently live in Buffalo, New York.

7. swyrazik

swyrazik

I'm a student in Romania, but I'm from Cyprus.

8. Khyrid

Khyrid

I'm working in South Korea and I'm from the USA.

9. Sir-Tiddlesworth

Sir-Tiddlesworth

10. Parallaxe

Parallaxe

Land of Cheese and Chocolate (aka Switzerland (-; )

11. Amon

Amon

Enfield, North London, United Kingdom. I'm originally from Cyprus (Greek Cypriot) and would like to make it known to all of you that Mediterranean Women are the finest most beautiful women in the world.

Disagree and die............

12. KheltonHeadley

KheltonHeadley

I'm from the People's Republic of Mars.

Deleted User likes this.
  13. OutSpoken_Gaming

OutSpoken_Gaming

USA. How's Denmark? From what I heard you live in the happiest places on earth.

14. alexzzzz

alexzzzz

Hi, guys!

15. yoonitee

yoonitee

England. God save the Queen!

16. gameseizer_00

gameseizer_00

i am from the united states of the world

17. BigB

BigB

I'm from Portugal.
    United States of America ? Never heard of it, where in the planet is it located ?

18. Meltdown

Meltdown

I disagree. I was in Estonia once and nothing comes close to the quality level of women in that country.

19. SolitudeSA

SolitudeSA

I'm from South Africa. Meltdown is also originally from here but he decided to abandon us and support the All Blacks. :p

20. TylerPerry

TylerPerry

I come from the land down under.

21. NinjaRubberBand

NinjaRubberBand

Denmark is awesome, we got lego, and we are a small country (Only 6mil) So there is no chaos. We live in peace love and harmony!

22. GiusCo

GiusCo

Italy. Declining but still art, fine minds, la bella vita, la mamma and football. 8)

23. Grafos

Grafos

Greece, but have been living in Australia for the past 8 years

24. Steve_Pan

Steve_Pan

I 'm from Greece =)

25. nipoco

nipoco

I really love danish hot dogs and cheese :D

26. smirlianos

smirlianos

I'm from Greece!
    $Greek_Frappe_Symbol.png

27. JovanD

JovanD

Im from Serbia, lord have mercy... :(

28. violinbg

violinbg

No chaos you say - "peace love and harmony".

This is what I saw when I visited Copenhagen.

Bikes. Too many bikes. I've never seen that many bikes.
    Is that a bike parking lot? :confused:
    $DSC00390.JPG

Are those bike traffic lights? :confused:
    $DSC00382.JPG

I would try to cross the street and I'll watch for bikes because cars would stop - bikers will ring a few times, go around you and say something in danish. :?

But any way - it was 0 C and most people are riding their bikes with no hats - some had gloves, I think.
    $DSC00403.JPG

PS: Everything was expensive :D

Last edited: Apr 19, 2014
  29. Whippets

Whippets

The possibly soon independent country of Scotland :)

30. AndrewGrayGames

AndrewGrayGames

I'm an American in Austin, Texas - one of the best places for music and food in the world!

It's a shame the gaming scene here has dried up as much as it has, but it's not gone yet.

31. tatoforever

tatoforever

French Canadian but parents from Spain Holeeee! lol
    Yeah got a bit of everywhere! :D

32. Reanimate_L

Reanimate_L

Just right above Australia. Guess....

33. cannon

cannon

...a drop bear?

34. gameseizer_00

gameseizer_00

and fine cheeses

35. gameseizer_00

gameseizer_00

the clouds?

36. VIC20

VIC20

I'm from the land best known for mad scientists, nazis, world wars, pacifism, welfare, angst, kindergarten, weltschmerz, bread, beer, cars, machines, renewable energy and the worst TV shows you could imagine.

37. JovanD

JovanD

Germany, pacifism... really? 0.o

38. VIC20

VIC20

Yes, it's absolutely extreme - I doubt there is any other country that beats the german population when it comes to pacifism - it's far beyond what I would call healthy and it's a weird aggressive form of pacifism - this is the result of the two world wars, the shoa and being the hot spot of the cold war.
    The arms industry has no fun here.

39. Velo222

Velo222

I am from the United States of America, from the state of Iowa. And we are known for our corn. Lots of corn. But I think that's all we're known for.

40. MaxieQ

MaxieQ

It's complicated.

When I'm in Sweden, I'm "That English kid". When I'm here in the UK, I'm "The Swedish bloke". People don't seem to include me in the local nationality.

I was born in England, moved to Sweden at 5 and at 12. Moved to England at 6 and at 16. My mother is English, my father Swedish. Mostly, I just want to be done with uni so that I can move again. :)

I do hold the British passport though. Maybe that'll sort me.

41. JovanD

JovanD

Oh, makes sense.
    Kinda strange to associate Germans with pacifism since historically they have got to be one of the most violent people, probably right besides the British, i don't think any nation/people can beat the British when it comes to violence, they invaded ... uh... every country ever XD

42. TheSniperFan

TheSniperFan

Do you live in some kind of bizarro-Germany, or is the east just that different? :confused:
    I wouldn't call us "pacifists". I think that's the wrong word.

43. Hikiko66

Hikiko66

We simply accomplished a level of expansion that others couldn't. Certainly they would have if they could have ^_~

There were comparable expansive empires further back in history.

Last edited: Apr 20, 2014
  44. VIC20

VIC20

James Tiberius Kirk was born on March 22, 2233, in Riverside, Iowa

45. saymoo

saymoo

from the land famous for: cheese, clogs, windmills, tulips, waterworks, Vincent Van Gogh, stroopwaffels, de nachtwacht, rembrandt, philips (the tech company), International Criminal Court (tribunal), etc.......

guess which one i am from... ;)

Last edited: Apr 20, 2014
  46. SkyYurt

SkyYurt

I'm from Turkey :D but live in Denmark

47. VIC20

VIC20

I lived in the west for 32 years.

You are possibly a great example: "I think that's the wrong word" - what's the right word then? A crude mix of Inferiority complex and guilt?

How does the word "Patriot" sound for you? Don't you instantly get a bad feeling when hearing it (except while watching soccer)?

How many people do you know who think the 31 billion euro spent for defense each year makes any sense?
    I guess it doesn't scare you a little that we will reduce our number of main battle tanks even further to just 225 (and that we only have 69,000 soldiers left - the other personnel aren't soldiers) because you think no one would ever attack us with conventional forces in any imaginable future and even if it might be better not to fight because it will do more harm than good. I guess you think nukes are bad because you don't believe in nuclear deterrence at all because those weapons could be used some day.

Do you think the EU, if done right, could be a good thing especially because it would offer a giant power to us which would help us to defend our cultural and social values by the dramatically increased political influence combined with our sheer market power? - in other words: do you always basically think better we than them?

Are you glad to hear that KMW is not allowed to export the Leopard 2 to Saudi Arabia? And do you think it's great that the german government will even go further and prohibit Spain to sell them their license-built Leo 2's? Or do you think "They are nuts! It's better we sell them our tanks, they will get the Abrams from the US anyway if they want to. And selling weapons creates jobs and at least slightly increases influence."

Much more complicated because of our history: do you think it is OK that we've gifted two Dolphin Class submarines (each costs more than half a billion Euro) to israel (and gifted 50% and 2 x 33% of the other 3 submarines)? Or do you think that's bad because it's a weapon system which could be used to attack someone (even with nukes), and war (even in defense) is generally a bad thing so we should never sale any weapons to people who could actually ever use these toys?

Do you remember that it was officially possible in the 1970s for conscientious objectors to refuse to perform military service by just sending a postcard?
    How many of your friends were conscientious objectors? (During conscription 40% of those who were fit for service applied to refuse although the duration of civil service was 3-6 months longer)

How often have you seen stickers with "Imagine if there was a war and nobody showed up" in your life?

How often have you heard something like "OMG how can this be possible? Must be some rare crazy ones" about americans with a flag or a "support our troops" signs in front of their house?

How often have you heard or read the sentence that "the USA are the biggest threat to world peace"?

How often have you recently heard or read that we (EU, NATO and US) are the real aggressors when it comes to crimea? Or seen articles about why the germans think that way?

Do you think I am shady because I wrote a posting with so much stuff about weapons and war?

In how many capitals of the world have you seen something like this at a highly frequented place? It's still painted on the roofs for some years now. (and how often have you read something like this in germany?)
    Translation: "Germany die a miserable death!" ("verrecken" is really the worst way/word for dying, it's dirty and absolutely miserable)

Attached Files:

48. TylerPerry

TylerPerry

Y'all Germans seem strange. Wouldn't the government force them to take that down?

49. VIC20

VIC20

50. GiusCo

GiusCo

yo folks, this is (was) a topic for a bit of banter, don't make it close by mods... please edit your political flame and come back with light heart

peace