Search Unity

Updgrade from 3.5 to 4.3 caused wierd problems.

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by gooncorp, Apr 18, 2014.

1. gooncorp

gooncorp

Everything in my project still works except when my character walks on mesh colliders now he bounces.

Thats it. Everything else works.

Box colliders are fine, terrain colliders fine, but when my rigidbody character with capsule collider walks on mesh collider he bounces.

I check all the obvious stuf like physics materials etc. I even tried adding physics materials with no luck. I have tens of thousands of objects with mesh colliders in my game and I would like to be able to walk on them does anyone have any ideas?

GoonCorp

Designer: BackSpace

2. gooncorp

gooncorp

if i dont figure this out by the 24th im gonna have to backdate my project to 3.5 until a newer version of unity comes out that works.

3. gooncorp

gooncorp

i mean my character only bounces like this on mesh colliders. is there a new setting in 4.3 that tells unity how colliders interact? the project works fine in 3.5 there is no bouncing. could it be some 2d physics system over riding my characters collisions?

4. gooncorp

gooncorp

well i finally figured it out. rigidbody had something called collision detection and it was set to continuous. in the older version of unity this did nothing obviously since the same setting caused no bouncing in 3.5. thanks to all who tried to help.