Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

[iOS/Android] Coastal Defense, Arcade Action Game

Discussion in 'Made With Unity' started by wlad_s, Apr 17, 2014.

1. wlad_s

wlad_s

Hello,

Here's our first published game (as in we being game designers/Unity developers, not making a game by a given design). Me and my two friends made it. We even made a trailer ourselves since I used to be a 3D artist before indulging in Unity development.

It even has a local 2-player mode :) The game is out for iOS and Android

The trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hDVXaid7w98

Google Play: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.fraoula.coastaldefense
    iOS App Store: https://itunes.apple.com/app/coastal-defense-extraordinary/id847040884?mt=8

Everything about the game itself: http://coastaldefensegame.com/

I'd love to know what my fellow Unity developers think about it. Is it any good? Please be gentle since it's a first :)

Some screenshots from the trailer and gameplay:

$image_01.png

$Screenshot_01.png

Last edited: May 13, 2014
  2. MinhDao

MinhDao

Just downloaded. I like your art. What tool you use for create art?

3. TheRaider

TheRaider

your promo video is insanely good.

4. wlad_s

wlad_s

Thank you. My friend did draw all the game art using Wacom ArtPad. I'm not sure about the software though, we're working online via Dropbox. I think any drawing software would do.

5. wlad_s

wlad_s

Thanx! I directed it myself. Glad you like it, it means a lot!

6. HappyLDE

HappyLDE

This game looks very professional, tested on Samsung Galaxy S4. The trailer i love it nice! Can i ask you what tools were used? For 3D animation and for the 2D graphics :D

No problem, if it's confidential.

Edit: Also how did you made the animated graphs in game, like the waves? :D

7. wlad_s

wlad_s

Thank You HappyLDE! I'm glad that you like the game!

For the 3D trailer, we used Blender. When you think about it, there really isn't much animation, the "wow effect" probably comes from the way the animation is synchronized to the music, which is tricky to do no matter the software.

For game artwork, I'm still waiting for details from my friend. I believe he used some standard drawing software like photoshop. He could have done it with a pencil on a paper, it would be harder to get it into the game though :)

Regarding waves, did you mean the enemy-wave label that swooshes across the screen at the beginning of the new wave of enemies, or did you ask about the deformation of the water texture in the game?

We've used NGUI for GUI stuff.

Thanx again for your compliments, it means a lot!

8. wlad_s

wlad_s

Here's a 2 player mode screenshot. It's a local versus mode, for two players on the same device. Unlocked after completing 100 missions.

$Screenshot_03.png

9. skylebones

skylebones

Congrats on your first published game! It looks amazing and I'll be picking it up as soon as I can pry my kids off my tablet.

10. HappyLDE

HappyLDE

Thumbs Up for using Blender! For the waves, the ones around the boat and the water texture now that you mention it 8)

11. wlad_s

wlad_s

12. DalerHakimov

DalerHakimov

wow man.. are u sure it's your first game)) rated 5 stars.. good job and thanks for sharing the tools that you've used..

13. wlad_s

wlad_s

Thank you for 5 stars!!! Great to hear that :)

Yes, this is the first published game that me and my friend worked on as indie game designers and developers/artists. Our idea and game mechanics. We've had some experience working on a few prototypes and games ordered by our clients/bosses.

14. ChrisMaster

ChrisMaster

Great Job! Love the graphic, late today I am going to download it and givbe it a try. Great trailer!