Search Unity

Stoked! Extreme Mountainbiking - A Game for Mobile

Discussion in 'Works In Progress - Archive' started by ernbot, Apr 17, 2014.

1. ernbot

ernbot

Hi Guys!
    I've been quietly working away for a few months now on my latest project " Stoked! Extreme Mountainbiking".

The kickstarter campaign is now live

Kickstarter Link: http://goo.gl/R63g4P

The game is going to feature loads of cool tracks to ride, many based on real locations and will include stunts from classic MTB movies like NWD (bike geeks will know what I'm on about) and with a whole host of bike related humour thrown in for good measure!

As a 3D artist I've created this game entirely on my own with some help from the brilliant "Randomation Vehicle Physics" (https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/#/content/12013) package from on asset store for the hardcore bike physics. Everything else I've programmed myself in Playmaker, and it's been a serious learning curve to say the least!

I'm only using Unity Indie and am continually amazed by the graphical quality and can be achieved in it! The game is currently running at about 50 - 60 FPS on my Galaxy S3.

In addition to this project I have a fulltime day job so I'm pretty much working around the clock to get this finished. To help out I will be launching a "kickstarter" project to try and raise some funds to allow me to take time off work and maybe buy a Unity Pro license! I will update this thread when the kickstarter project goes live.

Hopefully I'll get a video of it in action up soon. I think it's starting to look really awesome, hope you like it!

View attachment 96160
    $Stoked3.jpg
    $RiderWire.jpg
    $Screens_0000_Layer 6.jpg

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 6, 2014
  2. ernbot

ernbot

3. SEG-Veenstra

SEG-Veenstra

It is looking really good. Love the environment. Good luck!

4. SmellyDogs

SmellyDogs

Not to nitpick but the mtb frame doesn't look accurate.

5. ernbot

ernbot

Ok SD thats cool, can you elaborate in what way exactly?

6. ernbot

ernbot

Kickstarter Campaign is now LIVE!

7. JustInvoke

JustInvoke

Wow, great use of my physics! I'm impressed at how well you've implemented the trick system on top of them. The movement of the rider during crashes is amusing as well. If this game is marketed properly it could to very well if it plays as good as it appears to in the video.

8. JamesArndt

JamesArndt

Nice physics. Looking pretty darned good for an Android game. Good luck! Pretty much wanted to make this exact game after watching some insane mountain bike downhill videos. This video right here just made me want to recreate this insanity in Unity immediately.

Last edited: May 8, 2014