Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

[Web] Mega Man (NES remake, Cutman's stage)

Discussion in 'Made With Unity' started by Seanba, Apr 16, 2014.

1. Seanba

Seanba

I chose to remake Mega Man's Cutman stage as an exercise in learning Unity. I've packaged it up into a full functioning game with the prerequisite splash screen, game over screen, and even an ending for people that make it through the level.

(Not many people make it to the ending, though. I sought to make the game as tough as the NES original -- which is pretty tough by today's standards.)

I'm hoping people fond of the Mega Man titles will find it comparable to the real deal. Feedback is welcome.

You can play the game in your browser here: http://www.seanba.com/unity/mm/MMvsCM-mf.html
    I talk more about the experience making it here: http://www.seanba.com/mega-man-in-unity.html

Thanks!

2. Cato_xyz

Cato_xyz

oh man, great work! it is really nice! and hard :s

3. Screenhog

Screenhog

Honestly, the experience felt very authentic. I never saw a health powerup, but the level felt pretty much identical. Nicely done!

4. violinbg

violinbg

Yep, it's really good. I find the game a bit hard for me - but it's nicely done.

5. Seanba

Seanba

Thanks, Screenhog. I didn't put in drops from enemies but I do have one health powerup near the end of the level. (The NES original has the health powerup in the same location)

6. HappyLDE

HappyLDE

Those blue enemies will just come onte me no matter how much i fire, xD Nicely done !!!!!

7. Deleted User

Deleted User

There's just no way that we can win, that was a masterpiece... He rocks too hard because he's not a mortal man! (Tenacious D!)
    But seriously, I thought I'm pretty good at games... and this is pretty hard.

8. pulkitsingh69

pulkitsingh69

can you share the controller script!

9. karaokefreak

karaokefreak

for some reason the unity web player woln't work in any of my browsers

10. Amon

Amon

The unity webplayer was deprecated a long while back. Things have moved on a lot regarding browser games.