Search Unity

Behavior / AI middleware MASA LIFE with Unity integration

Discussion in 'Works In Progress - Archive' started by masalife, Apr 16, 2014.

1. masalife

masalife

Dear Unity community and AI enthusiasts,

Before we start, let us make it clear that we though believe this is the correct place for this section/thread, we may be mistaken. Apologies if this is the case.

This thread is intended for developers and designers who face the challenging task of creating and modeling artificial intelligence re. behavior.
    Whether you are working on a lively environment populated with numerous inhabitants/NPCs, each with simple but diverse behaviors, or you have few NPCs, whose behavior is both convincing and complex, we believe MASA LIFE would be an excellent choice.

It is our belief that when stepping up to the next level of video gaming, where immersion becomes presence, the need for even more believable characters is crucial.

Indeed we just released MASA LIFE v1.5, whose features include:

Rapid prototype behaviors
    • Extensive getting-started experience
    • Get inspired by leveraging “out-of-the-box” content
    • Previsualize behavior instantaneously
    Modeling
    • Empower your designers with intuitive graphical editors (Behavior Trees, Navigation, Knowledge,...)
    • Centralize your reusable behaviors
    • Quickly iterate and apply readjustments on your behaviors with a seamless workflow
    Debugging Inspection
    • Graphical inspection
    • (Remote) debugging
    • Visual walk-through models graphs
    Spark LIFE
    • Deploy with a single-click of a button
    • Out-of-the-box integration in Unity
    • Easy integration with our cross-platform SDK
    If you are interested in evaluating MASA LIFE please feel free to request a trial version at http://www.masagroup.net/products/masa-life/try-masa-life/.
    Further to this we suggest you take a look at the following resources:
    If you have the slightest problem downloading, installing, or using MASA LIFE, please do not hesitate to contact us with your questions and remarks, as your opinions and feedback are vitally important to us.

Best Frank

2. jaelove

jaelove

Can this be used for a complex fighting game?

3. SmellyDogs

SmellyDogs

Can this do pac man/angry birds ai?

4. dlevy_ml

dlevy_ml

Does this release support Mac OSX? According to your website, previous versions did not. If not, then when do you expect to make a Mac compatible plug in available?

5. masalife

masalife

Yes, of course. Actually I think BTs could be great to model either the AI or the ruleset for (special) moves etc.

Hehe I like those games. Yes you can as well, although PacMan has a small AI need and Angry Birds even less. I assume your birds and/or enemies are dynamic and smart then. Smart birds, I like that :)

Mac version will be available in late Summer (3rd quarter 2014) and there is chance to get a beta version earlier. Just let me know if you are interested in getting your hands dirty earlier :)

If you have further questions and/or remarks please let me know.

6. masalife

masalife

Dear community,

we just released our brand new website.

Look, feel, download, and enjoy here: http://www.masalife.net.

Best Frank