Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

GameDraw and MXD3D

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by baha, Apr 16, 2014.

1. baha

baha

GameDraw and MXD3D

Dear GameDraw supporters who stood behind us all the way in our long, hard and difficult journey, since the start we wanted to build a special product, a product that stands above anything else, a product that makes it very simple to design and build 3D content, GameDraw was our first attempt, our first step toward achieving our goal and after hearing your feedback, learning and bug hunting "for a long period of time :p" with our humble and small team we came up with a better solution, a solution that makes it extremely fast to create 3D and simplify it, I won't talk much but will let the videos show it to you :)

MXD3D Advantages

• Runs inside Unity, on the web and soon on tablets
    • Allows saving,sharing and collaboratively building models on the cloud
    • Access to your models from anywhere
    • Smart design process, all geometry is represented by "surfaces" that can be moved, transformed modified, copied and filter at any time.
    • Ensures print-ability of 3D models!

What's in it for you?

Our beloved GameDraw and "other MXD products" supporters who stood behind us all the way will be given special badges, access to special features and premium support once we launch officially, the solution will run in Unity, web and tablets and you will be able to access, edit and share your models from the all deployments.

Private BETA

We are looking for private BETA testers to help us ensure the product is up to the expectations and that we make it as perfect as possible so please if you are interested signup on mxd3d.com and we will send you access soon.

2. OutSpoken_Gaming

OutSpoken_Gaming

Glad to finally see some news from you guys! Does this mean GameDraw will soon be updated? :D

3. baha

baha

Yes :D

4. idlebyte

idlebyte

I've purchased two products before, Boolean RT and GameDraw, I'm desperately hoping for gametime multi-object boolean at runtime. I will purchase a third pack or plugin if necessary, I just need to know if you plan to release it. The third release of a package containing BooleanRT as a .unitypackage looks tempting to try, but for $50 I'm afraid the Boolean RT library hasn't been changed since the first two buys. Is there any update on this module that makes a third purchase worth it? Or a way I can get the Boolean RT updates?

Thanks,
    -Dustin

Last edited: Apr 21, 2014
  5. WhendricSo

WhendricSo

So, Game Draw is officially abandoned?

6. baha

baha

NO, it is not abandoned, a new system is implemented for GameDraw under a new name that will be available for all GameDraw users for FREE.

7. gruddlebug

gruddlebug

:D

8. NutellaDaddy

NutellaDaddy

Looks great for hard surface modeling with anything that has to do with robotics and such.

9. angrypenguin

angrypenguin

That looks cool and intuitive. Nice work!

How about texturing?

MoonbladeStudios likes this.
  10. idlebyte

idlebyte

How/When will the connection be made in the asset store? I am working on multiple avenues to achieve one thing and would love to finally have something fill the gap.

Thanks,
    -Dustin

11. AlanOToole

AlanOToole

Great to hear! Thanks for the update.

12. OutSpoken_Gaming

OutSpoken_Gaming

GameDraw will still retain its ability to create more complicated meshes right? The video shown seems to be creating far more simple geometry.

13. RagingJacob

RagingJacob

Always great to hear from you Baha, especially since I recently became the proud owner of a copy of GameDraw.
    One thing that confuses me though, the MXD3D modeling tool, it isn't linked to Unity in any way, shape or form right?
    Well aside from being the "twin brother" to GameDraw :p

I'm gonna see what I can come up with for the MXD3D competition you have running ;)
    As soon as I get a Beta copy ;)

Actually is there a specific theme or any rules we need to follow before sending in our creations ?

Kind regards,

JJ

Last edited: May 19, 2014
  14. demonixis

demonixis

This look amazing ! Is it an external editor or integrated into Unity ?

15. RagingJacob

RagingJacob

Demonixis, it's built into Unity, very very powerful tool !
    There are updates coming, that are going to smooth out the workflow and fix some stuff.
    It'd be the right time to get it as I suspect the price might go up after the patch, since it sounds more like an overhaul rather than a regular update ;)

16. Project-Mysh

Project-Mysh

Hi baha, can You take a look in to the MXD Bundle or Lightmap Manager 2 forums, i recently bought your MXD Bundle and i have 1 bug with lighmap manager 2 that i need to solve. Its a strange bug about the copy function in the animated lightmap.

17. nasos_333

nasos_333

There will also be a separate product or will be inside GameDraw only ?

18. ddesmond

ddesmond

When will it be released?

19. Dosetsu

Dosetsu

I get the following error when trying to type in my email address to access the warehouse - Unity 4.5, windows 8.1

ArgumentException: Getting control 0's position in a group with only 0 controls when doing KeyDown

20. OutSpoken_Gaming

OutSpoken_Gaming

21. narwhals579

narwhals579

so... MXD3D is GameDraw... but different and free? or is it separate from GameDraw and updates for GameDraw will continue?

22. baha

baha

It will work with also smooth objects "almost there" as when we decided to rewrite the whole system we looked at most of the current tools and said that we want something like sketchup but not restricted to being coplanar and can be modified like an arbitrary geometry but still can subdivide easily to provide a free form structure, we are almost there with one last challenge to conquer but I guess it took longer than what we expected. :p

We are working hard to finish everything and we want it to be as good and polished as possible but we started to send 2 types of beta links, iteration one (very basic, only can draw on the top side and still lack most of the needed functionality) and iteration two (the more advanced, freeform, draw on any side, edit like in GameDraw, fast, etc) and we will release once we get the feeling it is the right time to release given the feedback we get, this might be in a couple of weeks or a couple of months as we don't want to deliver something buggy or with issues

The video only shows iteration one which is simple but iteration two can do both, you can draw on any side until you reach your model while being able to modify it like in GameDraw so imagine sketchup with the ability to draw on curves not only coplanar surfaces while being able to modify like blender or 3ds.

Hey KillerKahuna, I saw your account! thanks!

Both tools will blend together by time and users of GameDraw will continue to get the functionality of both for free.

There is no specific theme or rules, we haven't sent the second iteration yet which is the more advanced one having the ability to draw on any side and continuously expand on any direction while being able to edit the same way in GameDraw but I will send you a link by end of next week.

It will be both, first on the web (during the beta) then on Unity, Standalone and tablets.

Yes, it is in overhaul.

We haven't decided on the price yet but for GameDraw users it will be for free and for new users we are thinking to have a subscription model (maybe $10 per month)

Will take a look at it, can you send me an email as well!

On unity we will only have GameDraw "we might change the name" so it is an update but the difference is that we will give access to web, standalone and tablets.

First beta iteration which is very very basic and lacks the major functionality was sent to few people, second iteration will be sent end next week and according to the feedback we will either do more beta iterations until we get satisfied with the outcomes or we do an official release.

We have changed the mechanism the warehouse is going to operate, new servers, more content, etc.. it will be accessible via the web with previews, etc..

I will post a video of beta iteration 2 very soon

23. baha

baha

As a beginning you can now access all content of the warehouse from marketplace.mxd3d.com all what you need to do in order to see the download link is to login, the download button is in the viewer.

24. ddesmond

ddesmond

Thanks for the response, I look forward to the release.

25. Kiori

Kiori

I'm thinking about buying mxd bundle. so as i have it, if i buy it now i'll get whatever comes next for free when it releases.
    Am I correct?

26. baha

baha

Yes you will :)

27. baha

baha

Hey Guys,

I'm finally happy to share with you a link of the new editor, still we are working on finalizing a number of things but would love to get your feedback and suggestions :)

http://models.mxd3d.com/editor/index2

28. red2blue

red2blue

Hi,

it looks nice, but for me it is not working. It seems, that the graphics on top are not loades and the menu on the right has no functionality. I can just change the view (rotate and zoom). I tried it with Firefox 31 and IE.

Do you have an ETA for the Unity Version yet?

29. kenshin

kenshin

Great update Baha!!! :)

30. kenshin

kenshin

31. baha

baha

some buttons are deactivated by default so you can only work with the buttons you can use, most of the buttons and functionality gets active once you have created and selected something to start with, I will look into it to see if there is an issues related to the browser.

We thought to get feedback before releasing the unity version as we want to get it in the best shape possible.

this is built with WebGL but definitely we will switch it to Unity 5 and the WebGL export option once that gets available.

32. baha

baha

I can see it is not working on my end now as well, will fix it!

33. baha

baha

Just got the issues of the graphics fixed.

John-G likes this.
  34. baha

baha

Hey Everyone,

Just thought of sharing with you a showcase and a small introduction to whats coming :)

John-G likes this.
  35. OutSpoken_Gaming

OutSpoken_Gaming

Nice. Will GameDraw be updated anytime in the near future?

36. baha

baha

Yes, its in the way :)

37. baha

baha

Hi Guys,

The following is an aircraft speed modeling video showing some of the capabilities of it :)

38. Kiori

Kiori

In blender i can create a peace of cloth by making a flat surface, and simulating a physics reality that basically tells that surface to act like a cloth.
    So hence, through physics, i created a cloth looking surface.

Can gamedraw do something similar, is there a plan for such advanced features?
    Also do you guys plan in investing(in this future approach) in a very decent painting system, so we can hand pain our meshes? These are the 2 major features i use atm, and i'd rather use something like gamedraw for it.

Thanks in advance,

Last edited: Sep 14, 2014
  39. MarioRuiz

MarioRuiz

Hi Baha, how's the new Gamedraw editor integration going?

40. Grespon

Grespon

Any news about some ressurrection for this tool and for MXD Bundle ?

41. MarioRuiz

MarioRuiz

Is this dead for use within unity editor? Is there any eta on unity 5 version? I get that the company has a different direction atm but should update the tools the mxd bundle had a load of potential..

42. IanStanbridge

IanStanbridge

Since there has been no response since 2014 I am assuming this is dead as an editor tool. If you want a mesh editor for unity 5 I think your best bet is meshmaker.

hopeful likes this.
  43. rebit

rebit

GameDraw is dead ??!??!?!?!

44. RagingJacob

RagingJacob

Yeah last I checked their team was getting into 3D printing and its software

45. NuSyns

NuSyns

How can I get my money back for this. I purchased the bundle on the basis of it being "on sale" on the Unity Asset Store only for it to be abandoned.

Now using Unity 5 and I can't use this product.