Search Unity

How long for Studica to accept?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by TylerPerry, Apr 13, 2014.

1. TylerPerry

TylerPerry

I'm just wondering if anyone has experience with Studica? I just got the Unity student non commercial bundle from their and sent over confirmation of my student status, now I just can't wait to get the license :D I hope it will be done in a few days.

2. ImpossibleRobert

ImpossibleRobert

Takes around 4 days from my experience.

3. TylerPerry

TylerPerry

Can't deal with this white theme at home anymore.

Attached Files:

4. squared55

squared55

Took me one business day to verify, a day to "ship," A day panicking because there was no key given to me, and then I got it on the forth business day.

5. eskovas

eskovas

That happened to me too... It said it was all ready to go but didn't have the key yet. I waited a day and sent an email about that. They responded very quickly and gave the key on the website.

I don't remember how long it took from student verification to getting the key, but it didn't take too long.

6. violinbg

violinbg

I took 3 days. My verification was instant - I just entered my School and Student# in their website and it showed "Verified". But they still check things manually and it takes 1 day for that. Then after another day the shipping status changed to something weird and then another day before they send you the key and the download link.

So 3 days or more. Sorry, I was also eager to get mine sooner :(

7. TylerPerry

TylerPerry

It arrived earlier today, I had a slight freak out when they didn't send me a key but then I checked the downloads section and the key was their.

8. Saxi

Saxi

Studica says Unity is licensed for one machine per module. Does it not have the two machines like a normal Unity license so you can work on Windows and OSX?

9. violinbg

violinbg

I have the commercial license from Studica. I read the license and it's identical to the one you buy from Unity.
    It activated on my Desktop and on my Surface Pro with no problem.
    I don't know how it goes for the non-commercial license.

10. Saxi

Saxi

Wow, you can run Unity on a Surface Pro?

11. superpig

superpig

Drink more water! Unity Technologies

No, IIRC that's one of the limitations of the cheap license they offer.

12. Saxi

Saxi

Are you sure, have you tested it?

13. DanielQuick

DanielQuick

Yes, it's a regular computer fit into a tablet form factor.

14. superpig

superpig

Drink more water! Unity Technologies

No, I haven't. I doubt that they'd say it on their site if it wasn't true though, as it's a significant limitation.

15. violinbg

violinbg

Guys - I have tested it. I just posted about it.
    I actually read the license file - it's on Studica's website (http://www.studica.com/resources/91Unity 35.pdf)

The website DOES say: "Good for one activation on one computer".
    However I then read the license posted on the very same page:

This is for the Commercial license and I'm not an educational or academic institution. I believe the Non-Commercial one has a special license with that one installation thing but it's extreemly cheap and also have a watermark - plus the license is only for a year.

I think that the commercial license is like the normal one but with a 50% discount for teachers and students. At least I couldn't find a different license agreement.

I don't guarantee you can do that if you buy the license. You can contact Unity and ask them. I read the license it says I can - I tried - it worked :)

About the Pro. Yes Surface Pro runs Unity fine, but you'd need a mouse because Unity doesn't support Pen Input. I installed the Wacom Drivers and everything that supports drawing tablets works great except Unity. Other than the Intel HD Graphics, Surface Pro runs faster than my desktop. I bought it for college and it turned out awesome. I no longer have or need a laptop..

Last edited: Apr 19, 2014