Search Unity

Mission: TED

Discussion in 'Works In Progress - Archive' started by Kamino007, Apr 7, 2014.

1. Kamino007

Kamino007

Hey guys!
    This is my first project and I would love to get some feedback on my main character (see images below).
    Does he have appeal? Do you like it?
    "Mission: TED" is planned to be a 3D platformer. So far I have the basic mecanics working and before I really dive into puzzle and world design, I want to check if the main character is actually appealing enough...

I'm really curious about what you say.
    Thanks for your time!

$tedConcept.jpg
    $ted.JPG
    $ted2.JPG
    $ted3.JPG

2. primus88

primus88

I find this little bugger very cute :)

3. SEG-Veenstra

SEG-Veenstra

I like him a lot! Very clean futuristic look en feel. Reminds me a bit of EVE from Wall-e. Good job and good luck!

4. SiegfriedCroes

SiegfriedCroes

Very likable character :D Hope he also gets nice fluid/dynamic/smooth animations :) Looking forward to see more!

5. Kamino007

Kamino007

I'm glad the first resonance is positive! Thanks guys!

Indeed, EVE was one of the biggest inspirations for TED. I wanted to get the cute and still mechanic feel from Wall-E combined with the modern, futuristic look from Eve.

TED stands for Terrestrial Exploration Drone so, as you can guess, his job is (actually your job as player) to explore the post apocalyptic world while having to solve platform puzzles. Move cubes, build stairs, push and pull objects, activate platforms, old machines, fill energy chambers (there will be small energy balls spreaded that you need to collect -> mario coins ;) )... You get the idea.
    Some concepts (like AI design, special abilities like EMP, "rocketjump", etc.) are still just ideas...

Last edited: Apr 7, 2014