Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Horror Hospital Environment

Discussion in 'Works In Progress - Archive' started by dreamache, Apr 5, 2014.

1. dreamache

dreamache

$hospital.jpg

So I'm rather new to Unity and I would like to eventually get to the point where I can sell assets on the asset store, specifically environments.

I'm using Unity Pro, Blender and PS CC. This project is just for practice and hopefully I can get some feedback in terms of the best methods/processes to use for asset purposes. To make things quicker, I've used primarily cgtextures.com, though I would refrain from using them in the future for an actual project so that things are more unique.

Here's a walk-through of the environment so far. All of the textures are modular (which I assume is most ideal for the asset store.):

I know a lot more work needs to be done in terms of creating enough of a variety for the walls, ceiling, windows, and then actual 3d objects (only 2 being the light stand and operating table.)

Just curious what you guys think so far of this in terms of a starting point, and if there's anything that's blatantly wrong?

2. GoldGamerGod

GoldGamerGod

Nice work so far, the textures look nice, but for a 'horror' themed place, you should have more wear-and-tear on the walls.

3. PixelHeadHD

PixelHeadHD

Thats a nice start, make it look more "dusty" and "grungy" i think it will help create a more horrific atmosphere. :)

4. orbobservation

orbobservation

Here's a photograph I took of a corridor in a derelict asylum near where I live, it's probably the look you should try emulate-
    $$$photo1.jpg