Search Unity

[Everplay - Gameads] Experiences? Revenue rate?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by sebi3110, Apr 4, 2014.

1. sebi3110

sebi3110

Hello folks,

since Unity partnered up with Everplay, I may want to integrate Everplay - gameads in an android game I'm currently developing.

Since Everplay doesn't have a big FAQ on their site according revenue, payment of ads etc., I'm asking you :)

Do some of you guys have any experience with the services of Everplay - gameads?
    How high is the revenue rate per click?
    How will the profit be distributed to me? On a monthly base?

Is there maybe a bigger article which covers such questions?

All the best,
    Sebi

2. sebi3110

sebi3110

No experiences anyone ? :)

3. garbagepit

garbagepit

Hi All,

I'm interested too. I'm always lurking around looking through google and the various forums for my answers, but I haven't been able to turn up anything in depth (and how I landed here!)

I was about to commit my mobile game that's in beta to the admob bandwagon, but saw how many major mobile companies are on or have switched to everplay. I've been seriously considering the ad-service due to the advertisements linking to things that I personally would click on as well as the unity plugin support not to mention their extra features that can be used to generate a community around your game.

I'm extremely interested in hearing some experiences with the service. Is it a viable source of generating revenue? For those who have experienced multiple ad services; Are there differences in how often people are clicking on ads since they're game related? If you're willing to share the information - the amount of users and daily traffic vs the revenue generated per month?

All potentially secret hush hush information so if you're ok with sharing it in a PM I'd still love to hear from you if you're willing to share.

Thanks for any replies!
    JKB

4. ChrisMaster

ChrisMaster

Bump!

5. Felandil

Felandil

I have just integrated GameAds into one of my games, which will be released in the next days. I'll report back with a little more info then.

From their Terms of Use about payment:

5. PAYMENT

5.1 Payment Amounts. Upon the Publisher fulfilling its obligations under this Agreement the Publisher shall receive payment based on video views of Ads served through the Service by the End Users. Applifier reserves the right to determine the amount to be paid to Publisher for each video view by an End User based on factors such as the geographic location of the user, quality of the traffic sent by the Publisher’s Application(s), or other means decided on by Applifier in its sole discretion. Applifier reserves the right to deduct from the payments (i) any refunds to advertisers; (ii) a flat deduction (as determined by Applifier from time to time) to cover expenses related to discounts, campaign referral fees, payment transaction fees, telecommunications, data center and other serving costs, cost-of-money/bad-debt fees and other writeoffs, taxes and currency exchange fees; and (iii) any amounts payable by Applifier to providers of targeting, reporting, verification or other data, technology or services utilized for a given advertisement campaign hereunder. The Publisher acknowledges and agrees that the cost per view (“CPV”) payment that the Publisher shall receive hereunder shall be reported and paid on an aggregate basis. Any disputes concerning payment must be contested in writing; failure to contest any payment within thirty (30) days of receipt of Applifier’s payment of Publisher’s invoice constitutes waiver of any claim relating thereto. All decisions regarding collection of debt from advertisers are within the sole discretion of Applifier. For the avoidance of doubt all payments hereunder are based on advertisement events actually served by the Service, and not on requests for advertisements made by any Application or web site.

5.2 Payment Terms. Amounts earned for a video view shall be calculated to their final value seven (7) days after a video view in the Publisher’s Application has been completed and will be reflected to Publisher’s account. Publisher may request payment from Publisher’s account by issuing an invoice for the requested payment amount to Applifier by email to accountspayable-fi@applifier.com, provided that invoices may be issued to Applifier no more than once every thirty (30) days.. Applifier shall wire payments to the bank account indicated by the Publisher within forty five (45) calendar days after receiving a valid invoice. Payment may not be requested for any amount less than one hundred (100) US dollars except for the final payment of remaining funds on Publisher’s account when the Publisher is terminating this Agreement. However, Applifier may initiate payments to Publisher at any time in its sole discretion, and such payment may be in whatever amounts and by whatever payment methods are determined by Applifier.

5.3 Taxes etc. Each Party is responsible for paying any taxes, duties or fees for which it is liable.

6. sootie8

sootie8

I'm surprised no one from unity has posted here with some info....didn't unity just buy Everplay.

7. ChrisMaster

ChrisMaster

bump again :)

8. sebi3110

sebi3110

Seems that a lot of people are interested in this topic. Nice to see that :)

@Felandil, I sent you a PM

9. Felandil

Felandil

Yeah, I answered yesterday or so ;-)

For all the people wondering how to get GameAds running in a project .. I've created a little HowTo. If there is something missing or you think I should add something, please let me know.

Click Me!

10. trinta

trinta

Unity Technologies

Hi all,

GameAds generates revenue through generating views and traffic from your game, and you get paid on that. There's no "one unified way" of pre-calculating the revenue generated to you as we run different types of campaigns (with different billing points). However, we always give you a eCPM figure based on the revenue generated per started video views, which should give you a pretty accurate benchmark for the revenues you get through it. The revenues are available in the dashboard when you login.

How much the revenue will be for your game, well that naturally depends on many factors - which platform are you on (iOS or Android), where your player traffic is from, what kind of placements you do, etc.

Regarding payment, we aren't (yet) running automated payments, so what you can do is send us an invoice whenever you want to withdraw your earnings and we pay in 30 days of receiving the invoice. Please note that there is a minimum withdrawal amount of 100 USD.

For any more questions, feel free to reply to this thread or drop a line to support@everyplay.com.

Thanks!

Best regards,
    Tuomas / Everyplay

11. ChrisMaster

ChrisMaster

Is it possible for you to provide anverage/aproximae eCPM for android devices and IOS?

12. TylerPerry

TylerPerry

Does every play only record the screen or can it record from a render texture or something?

13. Becoming

Becoming

Can't say anything about everyplay but gameads seems to have problems with android 2.3.6(at least on samsung galaxy s1, it worked with android 2.2 but unity dropped support for api level <9). would like to know if someone can confirm this or knows a way to make it work... i guess galaxy s1 with latest firmware is still widespread enough to care .

14. KyleHatch85

KyleHatch85

I've been trying to get the ads implemented into our game but i'm having a lot of trouble with it conflicting with other plugins we use. Ideally i want code base to cover all the different platforms we cover, which include android/ios/amazon/ouya as well as usage of the Google Play services. Anyone had success implementing it with other libraries?

Felandil i was wondering if you would update your site to include your modified Manifest file, just so i could have a look over it, rather than downloading the whole edited package.

Ta.

Nateply likes this.
  15. Felandil

Felandil

16. sootie8

sootie8

I worry that Everplay may be too small at the moment for me to consider implementing it. In the on the off chance I strike gold and create a viral game, I wouldn't want to have to change out the ad network because it could not keep the fill rate high enough.

17. trinta

trinta

Unity Technologies

Unfortunately that's very difficult, as a pointed out - it depends on many factors including your game genre, geographical distribution of your users (as campaigns have different prices for example for US users and users from China). What we do hear from our clients is that we're good ;)

18. trinta

trinta

Unity Technologies

Generally, fill rate has never been a problem with our network. You can find our ads in some _very_ high volume games.

19. trinta

trinta

Unity Technologies

Can you describe the types of problems you're seeing? Some Android versions are unfortunately bad with video content (like 4.0.4 for example), but I don't think 2.3.6 is one of them. Can you send more info to support@everyplay.com (for example error logs you may be seeing) and we'll look into it.

20. sootie8

sootie8

1) What volume of impressions do you get on an average day?

2) Also what would you say the average CPC (or CPI / CPM) rate is for united states users with a 2D platform game on android viewing an interstitial video. Any sort of data would be very useful for us all. Your company should consider publishing such info on its site too.

Last edited: Apr 23, 2014
  21. trinta

trinta

Unity Technologies

Ok, this is a _very_ rough estimate since so many things can affect this, but I pulled some data and for a 2D game you could expect anywhere from $6 to $10 (and up) eCPM. This is most likely on the low-end, but I'd rather give you a conservative estimate since the earnings change so drastically from game to game and integration to integration.

Regarding the volume, the daily impressions are counted in the millions, so you really need an AppStore #1 to seriously out on ads on our network. We're easily seeing 90% and over fillrate (often close to 100%) with pretty much all publishers.

22. tswalk

tswalk

I posted this in a different thread that was dead... so, here it is:

"Would we be able to incorporate everyplay/gamead banners into our websites as a part of this network? perhaps something as simple as a wordpress plugin to promote our products as well as others (and would it be monetizable?)"

23. sootie8

sootie8

Thanks for the info, thats quite an impressive ecpm.

24. QPRocky

QPRocky

I'm wondering, how "Awarded virtual items" are calculated in monetize->reports, as its showing 0 for me.
    ("Videos completed" shows 11)

I've changed ad placement type from Non-incentivised->Incentivised.

25. trinta

trinta

Unity Technologies

That's actually only used when we do so called "server-to-server redeeming" where we ping the client server when awarding should take place - as there we measure the number of successful calls. We can't naturally know if the rewarding was successful within the game, so we don't measure that. Sorry if the UI is a bit confusing - we're working on improving it and all feedback is welcome!

26. trinta

trinta

Unity Technologies

Are you looking to showcase the videos created by Everyplay Replays from your game, or are you looking to earn revenues through the campaigns running on GameAds?

27. ChrisMaster

ChrisMaster

Thanks for the eCPM :)

I will give Gameads a try when my game is finished.

28. QPRocky

QPRocky

Thanks for your reply. How about earnings? In UI, it says "you get paid for every completed video view!" but after 11 completed video views, earnings is still 0$. Does it get updated by delay (after some amount of days)?

29. trinta

trinta

Unity Technologies

It does take a while. As said, we have different types of campaigns running in our system and until you get a thousand or so views, our system is unable to calculate your payout properly, therefore the text on the site sometimes is a bit misleading. I'll ask our web team to clarify the text a bit (not the first time the question comes up).

30. tstpierre_nss

tstpierre_nss

It seems like there is a lot of missing documentation.

My game is now in "Approval Pending" after flipping the switch live in Google Play and Facebook. I was expecting to be able to test things out without the Test/Debug mode ads... Yet the APK had to be live to do a lookup to import settings.

I found no documentation on this process flow. And now I cannot even promote since I don't want to waste chance for impressions. Is there any GoLive documentation available?

Edit:
    I even tried the support link in the dashboard and frankly no idea if it worked or not. I submitted info and never got a receipt from zendesk back to my email address.

31. HeikkiTunkelo

HeikkiTunkelo

Unity Technologies

Hi tstpierre_nss,

We are experienced some problems with our support emails, and are looking into it.

Can you tell me the name of the game and I'll make sure it gets reviewed.

Also with the new influx of lot of new games we are looking into making the approval process more streamlined.

Heikki

32. tstpierre_nss

tstpierre_nss

PM sent Heikki.

Thanks!

33. tstpierre_nss

tstpierre_nss

This is odd to me. As a developer that has done realtime reporting off of big data (talking billions inserts), I am uneasy with this wording.

I too am seeing 0 calculations - yet impressions and views filled in. It is impossible to gauge the effectiveness.

Can more detail be shed on this, and can realtime or at least accurate reporting be prioritized (even if it is 1 day lagged)?

34. tstpierre_nss

tstpierre_nss

Also, how is it possible to show values for Ad Requests, Videos Started and Videos Completed when the value for Offer Page Impressions is showing 0?

This is clearly wrong, or its not crediting an impression ...

35. tstpierre_nss

tstpierre_nss

36. Aiursrage2k

Aiursrage2k

How much would it give per install? I was using chartboost for example and it was listing installs vs revenue and it seemed to be .5 cents for every install whatever that means. So if you got 1 million installs i guess it would be 5k

Last edited: May 24, 2014
  37. DFT-Games

DFT-Games

I've just added UnityAds to a title to see how it goes (usually we implement HeyZap+AdMob+Chartboost+Applovin). So far the fill rate is 37% so I guess that there is a problem. As sometimes networks might have a glitch I'll wait a few days before to roll back to my usual providers, but that fill rate really doesn't look good.