Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Meet Suzy, Suzy Cube!

Discussion in 'Works In Progress - Archive' started by Louis-N-D, Apr 4, 2014.

1. Louis-N-D

Louis-N-D

I recently got re-obsessed with a project I started last year inspired by Super Mario 3D Land. In the past couple weeks I replaced the capsule by an animated character and put in some preliminary handling for checkpoints, respawns and player death (sort of) as well as collectibles.

Last edited: Jul 17, 2015
  2. JerksOfAmerica

JerksOfAmerica

fun and simple. I liked the main camera, showed the more important things, allowed me to know where to go with helpful hints.

3. Louis-N-D

Louis-N-D

Thanks, um... Jerks! (Hey, you picked the user name, not me ^_^)
    Say.. anyone know how I could edit the thread title? I just realised that by not including what the game is or that it's playable via web player, there isn't much incentive to click!

4. SiegfriedCroes

SiegfriedCroes

I really like it :D Controls work great, the changing camera is nicely done :) You should definitely continue work on this! And you should add some screenshots to your first post, that will help to get some more feedback cause people might not click the webplayer link if they don't know what to expect ;)

5. ClassicGameJunkie

ClassicGameJunkie

Really like the looks and feel. I'm sure the art is placeholder, but I really like how simple the levels look, helps make the whole package feel unique.

6. Louis-N-D

Louis-N-D

Much of the art is placeholder/not quite finished but it is representative of the aesthetic I'm targeting. Something I could actually fathom completing ^_^
    The controls are via (Unity 3?) Character Controller + Character Motor with NONE of the knobs left at their default. ^_^
    I'm going to play with speeding her up a little while increasing gravity to keep her jump distance relatively the same.

7. Photon-Blasting-Service

Photon-Blasting-Service

Solid game. One crit is the camera movement from the platform that drops you down to the lower level to the area were the rolling pin spikes start.

A bit of polish and you're on your way.

8. shaderop

shaderop

Fun little thing :)

Even the placeholder art is pretty solid. But can you try narrowing the FoV a bit and seeing how that goes? A little less perspective might make feel more platformy.

9. gwubgwub

gwubgwub

I like this game its cool, maybe add in something when you die like a few seconds before respawning, other than that good fun