Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

UV Scrolling Jitter/Lag/FrameSkipping etc

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by jGate99, Mar 30, 2014.

1. jGate99

jGate99

Hi.

I have googled, looked at forums, tried different solutions but i failed all the time.
    UV Scrolling for a parallax effect is not smooth. it causes jitter, lag, frameskipping, sutter whatever you name it during some intervals.

I tried putting the code inside Update, LateUpdate and FixedUpdate but nothing worked.

Here is another post suffering from the same problem but no solution.
    http://forum.unity3d.com/threads/92650-Scrolling-UV-Jitters

Thats the reason i left starling, and now im suffering from the same problem.

please Help :( if there is any asset do let me know.

Thanks

PS: I'm making a 2D Game using Unity 4.3 2D Tools

2. jGate99

jGate99

3. SQR

SQR

I posted the solutions I found in the other thread you quote here. Hope it helped you.

Cheers.

4. BlasterJoker

BlasterJoker

I also have this problem, I have tried so many things but I cant get the background to scroll smoothly. There's always a slight little twitch after a couple seconds. it will be smooth smooth smooth twitch smooth smooth twitch twitch. *sigh* it is discouraging me from making mobile games..

5. honkskillet

honkskillet

I had this happening in a game. My setup was when the player moved, the camera would follow the player (via script). Then when I had the parallax background try to follow the camera, there was terrible gitter. Instead, I had the background follow the player, and it removed the gitter. It is hard to tell what the order of the calls of the various update methods are in each script. By having background follow camera follow player, there was gitter. But just background follow player was fine.