Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

App Settings

Discussion in 'iOS and tvOS' started by mattimus, May 25, 2009.

1. mattimus

mattimus

I've noticed some apps have settings outside of the app in the iPhone's settings menu. Just curious, is this something that a unity game could use for, say, setting audio on/off or resetting high scores?

2. bliprob

bliprob

3. mattimus

mattimus

Thanks for the point in the right direction.

There are a few settings I like to have outside the app:

For in-game toggle for audio, if you are trying to listen to music you have to launch the game, turn off the audio, exit the game, start your music back up, and then re-launch the game. In external settings, you simply turn it off before launch.

Resetting high scores is nice so that the player doesn't hit it on accident and lose all their progress. If you have to access it from external settings, you are more likely to actually mean it when you reset.

4. Eric5h5

Eric5h5

Volunteer Moderator Moderator

Instead, you can turn off audio in-game and press the home button twice to access your music, so you don't have to leave the game.

Should really have an "are you sure" confirmation, which I don't think you can do with external settings. I agree with bliprob...if a game uses external preferences, they might as well not exist as far as I'm concerned.

--Eric