Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Logging into the game with username and pass from an online database?

Discussion in 'Multiplayer' started by Ninja ZX10RR, Mar 28, 2014.

1. Ninja ZX10RR

Ninja ZX10RR

Hi everyone
    I'm making an fps online and i would like the executable to allow users to log in from the executable and access their accounts that are stored on my database (using SMF, passwords are encrypted by SMF). How can i do that? I don't know how to access the database from the executable neither to log in from there.. I bet there is a way to do it because a lot of games have got similar things but i really can't get it.
    Can someone explain me this please?
    Thanks in advance.
    Ninja

2. Ninja ZX10RR

Ninja ZX10RR

up
    please someone tell me something about it

3. sterynkng14

sterynkng14

Depending on your web development skills, you could probably use WWWForm() to do so. I recently implemented a login/register system into my game. As of right now it's all local (website and database), but this method allows you to connect to your login/register form on your website through a link to your server-side login/registration file which accesses your database.

I probably worded it horribly but hopefully this sets you on the right direction.

4. Ninja ZX10RR

Ninja ZX10RR

Hi sterynkng14 and thank you for your reply
    Sorry for late reply but i had to ask my teammate for instructions as i'm not the real programmer, he doesn't have internet so i need to ask and then post.
    We already use the WWWForm() into our login system, but when we try to put username and password inside the client then it says "username or password wrong", that error is right only if I write a wrong username or password, but when I enter my correct username and password the error appears anyway... I think we have a problem with the memberlist on our forum, so like the client doesn't have the permission for reading the databases table "members".. we use smf (simplemachine forum) on a altervista host...

That's what he said, i can't understand a thing xD (i am a 3D editor) hope you do instead, thank you anyway.
    Ninja

5. sterynkng14

sterynkng14

It does sound to be involved with your server side programming. If it is a permission problem, I would recommend creating a new user with full access privileges to the database and use that user to access your database. I don't know much about smf, but I will certainly look into it in order to help you get an solution asap.

6. Ninja ZX10RR

Ninja ZX10RR

Thanks we already solved anyway :D it was an encryption problem.
    http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=520741.0
    I am the "Flavio93Zena" guy.
    As smf uses sha1 encryption that as far as i know is the most powerful one we had problems accessing.. Now we made it following the instructions given by that guy, thanks for the help anyway we appreciate it also because this forum is dead-like, very few people answering and no ticket-system, awful.