Search Unity

Particle Previewer - iOS

Discussion in 'Works In Progress - Archive' started by Photon-Blasting-Service, Mar 28, 2014.

1. Photon-Blasting-Service

Photon-Blasting-Service

I have a working prototype for a particle previewer. This came from a frequent question of "Does it work on mobile?". Now, I can say yes and allow people to run it directly on their mobile device.

I'm using Playmaker and NGUI for everything in the prototype so far. I may be adding some sounds and I want to test out a sound plugin I bought. This project is also baby steps to making my own games so I'm trying out things that may be useful later.

The system is setup so that I can simply drag/drop any particle system onto a special game object and it will be added to the list of playable effects. I can re-use this app for the 15 effects packages I've made so far. I've also added buttons that open the asset store, my website, and my youtube page.

I have successfully built projects on my mac, got them running on my iPod, set myself up as an Apple developer, and got all my certificates.

Next step is to allow the user to spawn multiple particle systems by touch/click. After that, I will build and publish.

Skip to 1:50 if you don't want to see me showing how it works within Unity. I'll add annotations later.
    [video=youtube_share;MeyxdUVQKLY]http://youtu.be/MeyxdUVQKLY

Last edited: Apr 4, 2014
  2. Photon-Blasting-Service

Photon-Blasting-Service

I've got a PC exe demo available: PC demo for particle viewer

Any feedback is welcome and appreciated.

Next step will be iOS, maybe Android or other builds after that.

Thanks!

Last edited: Mar 31, 2014
  3. Photon-Blasting-Service

Photon-Blasting-Service

Last edited: Apr 4, 2014