Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

[FOR SALE] Enitre multiplyer FPS framework developed by 10 people for past 18 months

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by bigzer, Mar 27, 2014.

1. bigzer

bigzer

We are licensing our multiplayer FPS framework developed for the past 18 months.

This is the most advanced FPS framework ever made for Unity and easily beats the weapon editor of many industry leading titles. I have shown this to multiple industry leaders including the Farcry 3 project manager who was very impressed by the ease of use and the flexibility of the tools and the ability to add and tweak new weapons in less than 5 minutes.

This offer is limited to medium and large studios; we are not selling this for 1000 dollars, this project will save hundreds of thousands dollars as well as give you a serious edge on your project development time. It's provided with our art assets as example but the arts(characters, textures, weapons, maps, sounds) are not licenced for use or distribution.

The main features are:

Weapon Editor:
    - Advanced weapon and camera physics
    - Over 200 tweak able parameters per weapon, physics, flairs, light, trails, etc
    - Physically accurate projectile/bullets with editable speed and curve (accurately networked)
    - Impact system with both sound and particle impact reacting on different surface types
    - Load profiles of existing guns and apply them on a new one
    - Manages multiple states walk, run, reload, zoom etc conveniently
    - Manages multiple classes
    - Convenient full second screen editor for real time tweaking with ability to compare multiple gun values
    - Unique in-game weapon tweaking UI tools with shortcuts and ability to save at runtime
    - All values are stored in a SQL database and can be loaded or saved at runtime
    - Manages scopes and iron sights with custom post process effects.
    - Handles weapon reload animations
    - complete sound editor with various canvas depending on type of sounds ; very fast shooting weapons have a start, loop and tale, while other might only have a shoot or shoot and tail etc.

Character Editor:
    -Multi-class character management with ability to change speed jump height etc with convenient editor
    -Character animation controller for player representation with all states, triggers animations when necessary etc. as well as arms IK with weapon up/down left/right rotations.
    - Convenient full second screen editor for real time tweaking with ability to compare multiple classes.

Network:
    - Fully networked with accurate network position prediction. Players with ping of 200 can easily score headshots with a sniper.
    - Authoritative network architecture for cheat prevention
    - Server simulates what each player sees on their screen depending on their own ping to test bullet hits, this works with both hitscan shots as well as fast moving bullets (no speed limit).
    - Custom delta compression algorithm working at bit level for low bandwidth usage.
    - Node based item editor handles in-game droppable items in one single location for both client and server; configure your mine behavior once, chose who can interact with it and what happens and do the same for any item you may think of.
    - Game mode handler, allows design of various game modes and handles scoring appropriately
    -Game state and map state system allows for easy network replication in an optimized manner.
    -Handles damages depending on body parts.
    -Loads the player’s inventory when he connects on the server

UI:
    -Custom in-game console for convenient development and test
    -Ui manager handles UI during the game, shows and hide appropriately messages and notifications
    - Chat
    - Physically simulated HUD with weapon ammo and HP
    - Score system
    -shows the personal user’s weapon inventory, network will spawn him with desired weapons and equipment if the server confirms he owns (bought) them.

There are many other features, if you are interested to discuss about it, please send me a private message with your company information. My discretion is guaranteed.
    Don’t hesitate to ask questions.

Last edited: Mar 27, 2014
  2. JohnnyA

JohnnyA

If your project can deliver on its promises then there would be plenty of small companies willing to pay around the $1000 mark. I doubt you will find more than a handful of buyers at the $10,000 mark. Your post basically alienates 99% of the Unity user base many of whom would be interested in such a product.

EDIT: Doesn't really seem to be the right forum either, although its not really "job seeking" its certainly not a "job offering". Maybe try Assets and Asset Store.

Last edited: Mar 27, 2014
    Mauri likes this.
  3. bigzer

bigzer

You are right I should have put it in the asset store forum, admin don't hesitate to move it.

Considering your proposition and because of the large scope of the project, we don't have time to write in depth doumentation and are not able to handle tech support for hundreds of developers.
    The code is provided as it with a working game, we will explain every aspect of the tools and how to use them and the developers of each module will help answer technical questions for a certain period of time based on a mutual agreement between us and the buyer.

4. Mauri

Mauri

I've send you an PM ^^

5. JohnnyA

JohnnyA

I understand there's a support cost, but there are plenty of approaches to address this. For example you could offer a email support that only provides responses with 7 days as an entry level package. Or monthly subscription for support, etc, etc.

6. Fubeca

Fubeca

I'd be leery of investing in a package that was built by any group that doesn't think through the business logistics of their product until they try to release it. It's too likely they won't be around for long. And that's the vibe I'm getting.

I agree with JohnnyA, in that it seems really weird to be targeting Unity and then put an undisclosed price of "over 1000$" on it. Even at a price of only $1000, I'd think you're going to eliminate a lot of the people that would clog your support system.

Mauri likes this.
  7. bigzer

bigzer

Yes you are right that's a possibility, but that's also what I want to avoid.
    We still have our own project and I know if we put a project like this for the general public we'll have to work a lot on the support or provide bad support.
    I really don't want to provide bad support, by the matter and fact I plan to provide the best support by giving access to each developer who worked on each module of the framework. That's why I hope I can find one or more serious studios who have experience in game development and the shoulders to handle the kind of project achievable with this framework.

I hope you understand, I'm not snobbing the 99%, I want to avoid consuming my team's precious time as much as possible.

8. yung

yung

@Bigzer
    sent you a PM :D