Search Unity

Blackout, A story based game [WIP]

Discussion in 'Works In Progress - Archive' started by smokemaker64, Mar 24, 2014.

1. smokemaker64

smokemaker64

$Banner.png

Blackout (as it's currently called) will be a story based game about a guy called Jason Hill and about his struggle to find out what's happening in his live. Lately he's having strange blackouts.

Jason Hill is a 34 year old man, who has a wife and a daughter. He lives in Boston and has a job as a accountant. His wife called Samantha is 31 years old. His daughter is 7 years old.

We cannot give you to much info about the story since it would spoil the game, and because we will still be changing it. We are planning on making this game with the gameplay elements as you would see them in games of studios as Quantic Dream and Telltale Games. We are also planning on using MoCap for the charachter animations, using a XBOX Kinect camera.

Since this is a work in progress, a lot of the information above can be changed.

This is what we have so far. (We are planning on making the game look realistic so this isn't even close to what it is going to look like)

We hope you like it and feedback is Always welcome.

-Twenty13Games

Last edited: Mar 24, 2014
  2. Lemo76

Lemo76

Interesting :)
    I like the point and click path direction aspect.
    One of the most important lessons I've had to learn is that the audience are more likely to not care about the back-story unless it has some relevance to the game-play. Another lesson I've had to learn is not to make a project with high expectations as it is usually going to be bigger than you can handle, but since you've made a good start on it, keep it going.

Most of the modern indie 'wake up and you have to figure out what is going on' is set in 3rd/1st person but since you set it in 1 Point Perspective, it can be quite new and intriguing to the market.

No game realism is too realistic so you have to be aware of the boundaries.
    Stick to a style and keep it consistent. Since you seem to have a closed space scenes, it can be process effective.

I am interested in the idea of roaming around a collection of scenes, piecing together the life and story behind the character, if you portray the style well, it can be a really amazing game.

Just a heads up, I'm guessing you've stumbled over the fact that Twenty13Games should really now be Twenty14Games. Oh well.

-Good Luck.

3. smokemaker64

smokemaker64

Hey Lemo,

I am glad you like it so far. you sound very interested.

We are aware of the danger of expecting to much, but still thanks for the advice. we already did determine the style of the game and the story is going to be placed in today's world, but the realism of the models, textures, and so on will just be as realistic as we can accomplish. Hahaha yes we are aware of the name but we started learning about indie game development in 2013 and that's why we decided to name it after that year.

Thanks for your interest and we hope to show you some more updates in the future. :)
    -Twenty13Games

4. smokemaker64

smokemaker64

Hallo Everyone,

There is a new update out now of our game on youtube.

In This update we focused on some small improvements made in the game.
    Those improvements are:
    - A new cutscene system (WIP)
    "Alot of the code is still really messy."

- Improved QTE system (WIP)
    "Supports more reaction effects now."

- A new camera effect
    "Zooms in and out depending on the distance from camera to target."

- Better Movement
    "Walking looks a little bit smoother now but i will be rewriting al the movement code at some piont."

We hope you like the new improvements we made.
    Don't forget we always appreciate feedback.

-Twenty13Games

Last edited: Apr 17, 2014