Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Chromatophore (2D Mobile) [WIP]

Discussion in 'Works In Progress - Archive' started by gwubgwub, Mar 23, 2014.

1. gwubgwub

gwubgwub

banner.png

New Video

About the Game
    'Ickola' the Chromatophore Cell.
    Spawning.gif

Chromatophore is a mobile game about a little character that has the ability to change colour to be able to collect the same colour jelly beans or to be able to progress through the level. Each colour has its own special ability.

• Blue - Default
    • Purple - Destroy purple platforms
    • Green - Stick to Green walls
    • Red - Hover on the spot
    • Yellow - Bounce off walls and floors
    Each level has 3 different colour jelly beans to collect, some are placed in order to give you an idea to progress through the level but the main purpose is to collect all of them for maximum points, Each jelly bean will reward you 1000 points, at the end of the level a timer will deduct your points so make sure you complete the level as fast as you can or go back to improve your score.

Obviously collecting these jelly beans aren't as straight forward as you would think, There is a numerous amount of objects in your way you need to get around. This includes Spikes, Saws, Lasers and others without including the drop to the bottom that might be a pool or acid, lava or some factory gears.

Currently my aim is to release this first onto windows phones with a total of 3 stages and 96+ different levels to complete, Each new stage will open on a certain collection of jelly beans but you won't have to complete each stage 100% just in case there is that level you just can't complete to progress further in the game!

My Progession
    I start this game in January and I'm the only person working on this project doing the programming, 2d Art and Animation I work as a plumber so I have no matching life skills so everything is self taught so progress will be slower than other projects you might be tracking.
    All music and sounds are done by Leith Atia, Great guy to work with, you can find him on twitter at https://twitter.com/AudioBoyPro

Follow me on Twitter at https://twitter.com/SlamtMobile for any updates of the game

- Ross

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 14, 2015
  2. Lemo76

Lemo76

Ooh, I like the art style with the Jelly-like drop shadows and all.
    Please add a video.
    I'm liking the look of this game.

3. 3CI

3CI

colorfully amazing sir, I am a noobie in Games development may I ask what do you mean about Advert picture?

4. gwubgwub

gwubgwub

It's more of just a banner/header just to show the game name, a slogan and platform. (not in game image)

5. gwubgwub

gwubgwub

Hi just want to say this project is still going but have made a lot of progress. Here are a few new screenshots of the game with the different stages.

Attached Files:

6. gwubgwub

gwubgwub

Few more just to show different stages in action.

Attached Files:

7. gwubgwub

gwubgwub

I have just finished a trailer I guess for the game. Let me know what you guys think.

-Ross

8. gwubgwub

gwubgwub

Hi just an Update I'm very close to finishing my first game, just waiting on a few sound effects and just general testing.

I've optimized the game and everyone works the way it should do, game saves are all in with a scoring system that works off the time it takes you to complete the level while adding 1000 points to each jelly bean collected.

I have updated http://www.slidedb.com/games/chromatophore which has a good collection of .gif images of the final gameplay if you are interested in viewing this.

Also any questions or feedback is always welcome!

-Ross

here's a .gif of 'Ickola' (named by my sister xD) Spawning.gif