Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Error in lastest XCode

Discussion in 'iOS and tvOS' started by CPlusPlus1408, Mar 11, 2014.

1. CPlusPlus1408

CPlusPlus1408

Hi,

today I had to download a / the latest XCode-Version due to the iOS 7.1 Update of my iPhone.
    Unfortunately an error is thrown during compiling. (It does NOT stop compiling though)
    Is this a known error or is this a bug?

Code (csharp):
    1. GenerateDSYMFile
    Code (csharp):
    1. error: invalid abbreviation code [114] for DIE at 0x00001408 in '/Users/***/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/Unity-iPhone-egxnjjcvhivqyubmmmfosuucjzsj/Build/Intermediates/Unity-iPhone.build/Debug-iphoneos/Unity-iPhone.build/Objects-normal/armv7/Assembly-CSharp.dll.o'

2. alvaro-em

alvaro-em

+1 to this. My device is an iPad mini IOS 7.1.

I have found another guy experiencing the same problem here.

I'll keep on looking for a solution. Will come back if I find it.

Regards,

Aernarion

3. jeremyabel

jeremyabel

I'm getting this as well. Going to try and roll back xcode...

4. smktang

smktang

I am having the same issues. After updating to XCode 5.1, Unity can't open the project automatically in XCode after a "Build and Run". After manually opening the project in XCode and trying to build, I too get the dsymutil error.

To get rid of the error, I went to "Build Settings"->"Debug Information Format" and set it to DWARF. I don't know what the implications are, but I believe it's for debug only.

Another thing I noticed when updating to XCode 5.1, in the "Capabilities" section, there are a couple of X's for the Game Center section, but that was easily repaired through the wizard.

5. soofaloofa

soofaloofa

Turning off debug `Script Debugging` in the build settings fixes this for me.

6. schmosef

schmosef

Thanks for posting this fix.

Someone else posted your solution to stackoverflow with a helpful screenshot.

7. mattSydney

mattSydney

But what f you want to debug?? Or attach profiler?

8. Joseph-Ferano

Joseph-Ferano

Any update on this? I need to get a stack trace for a crash I'm getting only on my device.

9. Joseph-Ferano

Joseph-Ferano

Well, I just tried compiling without dsym and I got a stack trace. The magic combination is to have script debugging enabled, slow and safe in the player settings, and don't use dsym. Then run from xcode and you can get a stack trace inside the output window.