Search Unity

Question

Discussion in 'Community Learning & Teaching' started by badjib, Mar 10, 2014.

1. badjib

badjib

if this is the wrong spot I'm sorry but I didn't see anything that really looked like a Q&A section in my brief search of the site. But I have a series of 3D modeling questions, and I haven't seen any tutorials that really cover any of them(actually haven't seen any 3D modeling tutorials). Basically I like the available resource of the Asset Store, but most of my games will require a lot of unique models to make me satisfied with their quality, but being a complete rookie at modeling and as of yet(and 3 programs in) haven't really been able to figure out how they work(i've used map editors in the past and assumed they would be similar but i have been sadly disappointed). In all the videos I've seen for the other 2 programs I've tried(Blender and 3DS Max 2014) the tutorials make it look really easy to get started, but I cant even get basic stuff to work(essentially at this point my objective is to build a room with working lighting and such just to make sure i understand how everything works), about the only thing that I have been able to figure out how to do is rotate/re-size my initial cube>.<.

That all being said, does anyone have a detailed video on how to work Unity's 3D modeling? Or know of a simple 3D modeler that I could practice on because apparently I'm as inept at 3D Modeling as I am at drawing with pencil and paper >.>