Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Unity Advanced books

Discussion in 'Community Learning & Teaching' started by bdeschryver, Mar 7, 2014.

1. bdeschryver

bdeschryver

Hello guys,

I have some average knowledge of Unity and scripting as I read some 'beginner' books.
    I am now looking for books which are more advanced and which would provide better or more complex information on scripting, animation, rendering, etc...

Would you have in mind good books for 'intermediate' or 'advanced' level ?
    I browsed many books on amazon but almost all of them seem to be 'beginner' level.

Thank you

2. lockbox

lockbox

I've been looking lately too and haven't really found anything. A lot of the intermediate and advanced stuff can be found online - either on YouTube, for purchase videos (, or subscription-based member sites (i.e. Unity Cookie, Digital Tutors). And if you watch some of the asset store tool tutorials, they've got a lot of great tips on how to do certain things - i.e. The Adventure Creator tutorials for camera work for example.

I pretty much start designing and working on a game, and then start Google searching when I run into road blocks or want to know how to do something specific or better. Since there are a lot of people using Unity, I always find something - either in here, answers, on some blog, or in some video.

Hope this helps.

Cheers

Hope this helps.