Search Unity

Free Google Helpouts Classes

Discussion in 'Community Learning & Teaching' started by twoface262, Mar 6, 2014.

1. twoface262

twoface262

Hello Unity community!

I'm pleased to announce that I will begin doing FREE classes on Google Helpouts which will go through all of the basics of Unity from the bare bones basic scene with nothing in it, to something you can be proud of! These tutorials will be designed for the watchers to apply these concepts to their own projects, instead of just cloning what's done in the tutorial. They'll be more of Unity Theory classes, where the people watching will be able to sit down, take notes, and use all the information on their own projects. I'll be doing them every Saturday for about 1 hour to 2 hours.

I just gotta let them process the application for it, and then I'll be ready to roll. Here is a basic outline of what the course will offer -
    -User Interface elements of the Unity3D Engine
    -How to create your first project, and basic planning for a game
    -Navigation elements within the engine
    -C# Programming and the Unity3D Engine
    -How to use Particle effects, and engine physics
    -How to create System.IO features
    -Exporting your project to an Android device
    -Mobile/PC Control set up
    -How to keep your game optimized for android
    -A more in-depth knowledge of the engine
    -Perform basic/complex math algorithms in order to achieve certain game mechanics
    -How to read the scripting reference and apply that to your game
    -How to make AI (Simplistic, Semi-Advanced, Advanced)

It'll be a class more focused on how to navigate Unity, and program for it as well as use the Unity Scripting Reference to your advantage and bring it from JavaScript to C# with ease.

If you guys have anything you'll like to add to this list or want me to go over, please feel free to let me know! All feedback will be greatly appreciated before I start! :D

I will update this list with a link to the helpouts on it when my application is accepted by Google.