Search Unity

1. If you have experience with import & exporting custom (.unitypackage) packages, please help complete a survey (open until May 15, 2024).
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity 6 Preview is now available. To find out what's new, have a look at our Unity 6 Preview blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

RGBoom - A simple 2D platform game

Discussion in 'Works In Progress - Archive' started by Kaze_Senshi, Mar 6, 2014.

1. Kaze_Senshi

Kaze_Senshi

$rgboom.jpg

Hello guys, I made one simple game as the final project of one specific subject from my university and this game is called RGBoom. I was working in other 'bigger project' but I wasn't very happy with the result, so I decided to work in smaller projects and study more about music and drawing for while.

$rgboom1.jpg

In this game you control a small biped being with a protuberant belly. It has purple-colored details on its head and its foot. It can use bombs to burst its speed, to climb high places or move heavy objects. Our hero will get harmed if it touches something colored that it isn't purple.

$rgboom2.jpg
    Yes now I know how to make pause menus :p

Commands: WASD and Mouse to shoot bombs.

Video:

Play it in your browser:
    https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/6591973/Unity/RGBoom/v0.01/rgboomWebbuild.html

Thanks for the atttention and feel free to give any feedback about the game :)

Last edited: Mar 6, 2014
  2. Kaze_Senshi

Kaze_Senshi

Shameless bump to request some feedbacks :p
    Until this post the only feedbacks that I got were:

* "Song is unfitting": Maybe it is true, I tried to create a song but it sounded too melancolic, then I made this song and now I think that it is too happy for this game, what kind of song would suit better?

* "The player color is bending with the background objects": I made it propositally after playing with the light settings from Unity. To avoid the bending I had added the purple details to not let the player disappear, what do you think about this?

Last edited: Mar 11, 2014