Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Texture Painting

Discussion in 'Community Learning & Teaching' started by christinanorwood, Mar 3, 2014.

1. christinanorwood

christinanorwood

I'm intending to do a few VTs on texture painting the facade of a building if there's enough interest. I'll be putting them on my website this time, and they'll be more detailed than the videos I currently have on YouTube. See my sig for the website link.

The building I have in mind is this one, from CGTextures (you can open a free account there)
    $Facade_small.jpg

Last edited: Mar 5, 2014
  2. christinanorwood

christinanorwood

I've made a start on this. I've made a simple model of the building above in Blender, and UV unwrapped it. Over the next week or so I'll be making videos of the texturing process. Join my mailing list on gamedzine for access to the assets (zip file with the blend file, the UVs and a reference image) and the videos as they're produced. My webmaster (my son actually) is currently managing my mailing list so we should have it sorted out soonish. Of course you will need to install Blender to open the blend file, but Blender is a free download from blender.org

$render.png

3. Myhijim

Myhijim

It is looking great (I myself am not in need of it as of now). It is very factual and straight to the point (from what I saw) as a tutorial should be, and I would recommend it.

All I can say is I envy your class students. ;)

Edit : Actually in terms of learning to model I will keep a close eye on this....

PPS The link to your website is broken in the OP

4. christinanorwood

christinanorwood

Thanks for that, I'll remove the link from the first post. The same link works from the second post so I guess people will find it.