Search Unity

Sled Runner [WIP]

Discussion in 'Works In Progress - Archive' started by SEG-Veenstra, Mar 3, 2014.

1. SEG-Veenstra

SEG-Veenstra

Sled Runner

Play the latest build: webplayer

NEW
    • New Track model + texture
    • Snow effect
    • Highscore on GAME OVER
    • Created a webplayer (link at bottom of this post)

Introduction
    Hey guys! It has been a while since I've worked on a game, but a project at school reawakened a flame within me!
    Never have I finished a project of mine so this would be the first one I want to actually release.
    I wanted to create a small game for mobile devices for people to kill some time. I also couldn't afford it to take to much time to build because of school. This was sort of my checklist:
    • Easy to play
    • Short sessions
    • Skill based
    • Competitive
    About the game
    Eventually I came up with Sled Runner. You control a person on a sled on a sled track. You do so by swiping your finger. (The whole game is controlled with one finger) You have to avoid obstacles that are generated randomly every x-distance. The distance is you score. The longer the game lasts the faster you will go and the more difficult obstacle patterns will pop up.

Progress
    I've got most basic stuff up and running and I have a playable demo available for android. Things I still have/ want to do:
    • Add assets ( The game exists out of placeholders right now )
    • Add settings in the menu ( will replace the "reset highscore" button that's used for testing now )
    • Integrate with Playstore ( I don't know much about this yet but that's something to learn )

Art Demo
    You can download the android .apk HERE
    or play the webplayer build!
    $Sled_Runner.jpg
    Let me know
    Please let me know what you think! Thank you!

Last edited: Mar 23, 2014
  2. SEG-Veenstra

SEG-Veenstra

Okay, the community is a little bit less helpful then I expected... no comments made at all :sad:
    Is there a reason why no one cares to comment? Is it because of the .apk? Should I build a webplayer?

3. Alf203

Alf203

I don't have an Android but yeah if you build a webplayer, maybe more people will try it.

4. SEG-Veenstra

SEG-Veenstra

Thx Alf203 for your response. I'll build a webplayer next time I'm working on it.

5. Cheesy_

Cheesy_

If I could find my phone then I would try it. It sounds like a good idea.

6. SEG-Veenstra

SEG-Veenstra

Thx Cheesy_, I guess I really should get the webplayer, it just makes it more accessible for you all to try it.

7. SEG-Veenstra

SEG-Veenstra

Hey guys, I finally had some time to work on my little game. Please check it out and tell me what you think!

WEBPLAYER

8. SEG-Veenstra

SEG-Veenstra

Sled Runner is now available on the Play Store.
    It was a fun learning experiance. I hope some of you can try it and let me know what you think!
    ThX

LINK TO PLAY STORE