Search Unity

1. Unity 6 Preview is now available. To find out what's new, have a look at our Unity 6 Preview blog post.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity is excited to announce that we will be collaborating with TheXPlace for a summer game jam from June 13 - June 19. Learn more.
    Dismiss Notice

Wet beach texture

Discussion in 'Scripting' started by kurucc, Feb 19, 2014.

1. kurucc

kurucc

Hi! I want to make a script: when the water reach the sand ,the sand will be wet. Anyone can explain how to make this?

PS: Sorry for my bad English..

2. kurucc

kurucc

$12 th Oct  Saturday Run and Cycle 018.JPG <--- i want something like this

3. GarthSmith

GarthSmith

I'm pretty sure most games do it with a shader. I'm not a shader guy, but there must be shaders out there where you can specifiy the "wetness" and it becomes shinier and stuff.

BrokenVector likes this.
  4. ShadowHeart_Games

ShadowHeart_Games

How about you just make it like that already with one texture? Chances are, the player won't hang around long enough for the sand to have dried off, and besides, the water will keep on coming in, right? The water won't have only just started reaching the beach.

5. kurucc

kurucc

Yes,the water will keep on coming in..but it's solvable with a script?

6. ShadowHeart_Games

ShadowHeart_Games

How about you just have the wet beach texture as a placeholder until you find a script, continue with the game, and then continue looking once the scene/game is finished? It would take something off your mind, and if you can't find a script then you don't have to do anymore work.