Search Unity

Forum member Apprenticeneauxs Took my money, no service

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by pezz, Jan 28, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pezz

pezz

Hello Everyone,

4 weeks ago I wanted a 3d model made so i can start on my project.

I decided to try forum member Apprenticeneauxs.

I only heard from him twice after sending him $80. Haven't heard or saw any work from him since.

Please beware of forum member Apprenticeneauxs

I paid him my hard earned money and got scammed.

You scammers will get what is coming to you all.

2. Anonanimal

Anonanimal

3. pezz

pezz

4. Amon

Amon

The guy is well known everywhere where there is potential to scam unsuspecting people of their money. He's just a nasty piece of life that unfortunately we have to put up with.

His major problem is that women steer clear of him due to micro penisitis. What he doesn't get is that not even a million quids/dollars can cure him of his tiny equipment. It's why he hides in the shadows.

Check this out though. His greed is beginning to consume his ability to stay in the shadows. He's aiming higher and higher fraud wise. After months of investigation, can't reveal any details, this idiot's real identity is now known to me. Again, I cannot discuss it but rest assured he won't be doing this for much longer.

5. angrypenguin

angrypenguin

If you think it through, banning him would actually make things worse.

6. Meltdown

Meltdown

ROFL

Well surely they can do something about the IP address? Either block it, or report it to the countries authorities.

7. I am da bawss

I am da bawss

How he is able to continue to scam people in this community is BEYOND ME. Is he banned? No he is not!
    Obviously Unity Technologies doesn't care about this community enough to prevent this scammer (and many others) to continue to victimize this community.

You can read all about here (Apprenticeneauxs here is in this one too!):

A Letter to UT - please stop protecting scammers and do something about them
    http://forum.unity3d.com/threads/14...otecting-scammers-and-do-something-about-them

8. minionnz

minionnz

Apart from an IP ban (which can be worked around anyway), what else could they do? Others would pop up to take their place.

And I don't know if I'd agree that it's their job to manage disputes between buyers/sellers - in this case, it's pretty obvious that he is scamming other people, but how would they know the difference between a legitimate but bad business deal and a scam? (especially when people tend to exaggerate or lie when they're unhappy)

A better option IMO would be a community driven one - maybe a feedback system? Rather than trying to ban scammers, allow people to make informed choices about who they work with.

Last edited: Jan 29, 2014
  9. I am da bawss

I am da bawss

BTW, Amon, LOL !!
    In reply to your previous post - how do I know UT is not doing anything about it?

You posted that 1 year and 6 months ago! Did UT do anything about it? Nope. People are still getting scammed BY THE SAME PERSON. AND HE IS STILL HERE! LOL!!

10. angrypenguin

angrypenguin

Writing in bigger and bolder letters won't change the fact that they can't do anything about it.

:p

About the best they can do is, if someone manages to get relevant authorities involved, provide whatever information they're lawfully able to.

11. MrProfessorTroll

MrProfessorTroll

I think this guy deserves to be trolled. I will start tomorrow and let you know of my progress. :D MrProfessorTroll incoming!!!

12. dxcam1

dxcam1

What kind of model do you need? I can make you one for free, sorry this jerk scammed you.

13. MrProfessorTroll

MrProfessorTroll

Oh thank you! I need a dog with 5 legs (aka. a male dog) and I would like it to come with a leash. Use at least 16k polys for the legs and use at least 5k for the whole body. I am doing a dog simulator. We can discuss more over my mom's house later tonight. Cya then

14. dxcam1

dxcam1

Will there be cookies?

15. MrProfessorTroll

MrProfessorTroll

It will take a little abuse to get my mommy to make them but I will try. Just for you....

16. Cody-Rauh

Cody-Rauh

The most upsetting thing about scammers and these types is they kill projects and take money out of the hands of those who actually deliver great services to those needing custom work. As if it weren't hard enough for people making games or freelancing as it is.

Edit: Wow... I just realized I had a run in with this tool! He was going to be texturing some of my low poly models I intended to post to the asset store. After two weeks he didn't do anything and I guess now I will have to keep an eye out to make sure he isn't selling the model I provided to him some where...

I feel like an idiot, please avoid this guy.

Last edited: Jan 29, 2014
  17. dxcam1

dxcam1

Jesus, who hasn't this guy scammed?

18. dogzerx2

dogzerx2

I think it's crazy that he doesn't even bother changing his nickname.

19. pezz

pezz

It is just sad, that people like this are in the world.

20. LaneFox

LaneFox

Are you sure? Because he does it everywhere so maybe theres a point that we're all missing and its necessary for him to speak to us in a degrading manner.

21. landon912

landon912

Ya, I'm pretty amazed at how easily he is doing this. We all need to put on our big boy pants and do our research on the people we send money to over the Internet.

PS: This guy got me for $30. Lucky it wasn't more.

22. I am da bawss

I am da bawss

Lighten up guys :D
    Sometimes people can't read it properly so I had to emphasis it.... a little, you know for the extra effect ;)

23. LaneFox

LaneFox

"a normal"

"a little"

"a more-than-usual"

"a lot"

:rolleyes:

24. Anonanimal

Anonanimal

Is there anything in the Unity forums ToS against compiling a list of people to "beware" ? I have a good bit of dox on this guy at this point. Also might help to have a routine "process" to background check people by stickied somewhere for unsuspecting people.

25. yuriythebest

yuriythebest

always best to use services like "elance" - the take some $ off the top, but in turn offer security to avoid just such instances (the buyer places the money there, elance confirms that it is there, but it is only released once the contractor does his work)

26. angrypenguin

angrypenguin

Hehe.

It sounds like you're super excited about everything all the time. So excited that you can't keep a level voice while talking about it. The excitement just bubbles up, you start talking louder and louder and then in different tones of voice, then you catch yourself and re-modulate... but you can't keep it up for long... :p

The thing with emphasis is that the more you do it, the less emphasis it actually gives. ;)

27. Thomas-Pasieka

Thomas-Pasieka

The most important thing to do is to do a bit of research on whoever you are going to hire (or work for even). Always ask for references, examples and check their portfolio. Additionally you should always ask for their address (phone, street, etc) ... if they won't give you that right away then you know there is something wrong right there. Don't pay anyone any money upfront. Have a contract ready that states that money will be exchanged after a first small "test". The "test" could be related to the job or not - funny how quickly people fail right there.

28. angrypenguin

angrypenguin

Are there payment providers (e.g.: Paypal?) who provide disputable payment options?

I don't know about explicit tests of ability, but definitely do your due diligence. Don't take someone online at their word, because it's way too easy to masquerade as something you're not. And that all applies to both parties.

29. willemsenzo

willemsenzo

I doubt that was a mistake lol

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.