Search Unity

WIP: D20 SRD system for rpg-s

Discussion in 'Works In Progress - Archive' started by Runemark, Jan 25, 2014.

1. Runemark

Runemark

Hi!
    I'm working on a game system, based on the d20 SRD.

This will be a standalone system what is easy to implement, you need to attached the character script to your characters then you can call any check roll (save, skill...etc.) with a code something like this:
    Code (csharp):
    2. int rolledCheck = characterScript.getSkill("Open Lock").roll();
    Also you'll be able to customize the whole system: all of the stats are in XML. You can change their name, add new, or delete the old ones. The feats and spells can be customize too.

The characters can be saved into XML format.

I just started this project, but is anyone interested in this?

2. Someonelse812

Someonelse812

I'm very interested in this project! In fact I had planned to do the same thing. I'm still learning the code though, so I'm pretty much useless as far as help goes. But I want to create a turn based D&D game with the complete SRD. I have been DMing for almost 10 years so I have plenty of story lines I could use for an adventure.

3. Pancratius

Pancratius

Sounds like an interesting concept :), I would be happy to help as a coder if you need me, just drop me a PM :). I am quite new to D&D and tabletop RPG games and I don't fully understand the rules just yet, but I've GMed a few games using my own custom rules, and its been a great experience. I used Roll20 as we were playing long distance, but I found it rather limiting. I have a few idea's about how it could be done to be more fluid for a GM, and more interesting for the players. That is if you are still looking at making this?

4. bioert

bioert

Hi, I found this thread because I was searching on how to implement D20 system to my first person game.
    Very interesting project. You should develop it.
    I'm trying to make a first person game that incorporate the D20 system, mainly a coop.