Search Unity

The unnamed side project, relaxation and fun - AI development.

Discussion in 'Works In Progress - Archive' started by Vaupell, Jan 23, 2014.

1. Vaupell

Vaupell

So on a daily basis I'm working on a large game, but sometimes it just get to be
    to much and annoying, or i get stuck doing some weird loop.

When that happens, i always turn to Unity and playMaker for some fun.
    My latest fun was a top down shooter, tank/mech style and this part was making
    3 AI modes work, entirely in playMaker.

- Turret mode
    * has range, look at player, attack + follow when within range.
    - Guard mode
    * same as Turret, but will agro the player, stop after a range limit.
    - Patrol mode
    * Same as Guard, but will patrol between 2 or more waypoints, chase the player, return to patrol if player escapes view range.

And here is a video of what i got working :D

[video=youtube_share;CbL91EA7RPQ]http://youtu.be/CbL91EA7RPQ

Webplayer (remember to use Shift+F5 if you have been here before)

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/19761809/unity/projects/Machinery/web.html

Man, I love playMaker worth every dollar..

Last edited: Jan 27, 2014
  2. snowconesolid

snowconesolid

very nice AI you made with playmaker! I also love playmaker. Definetly worth every dollar. So much more possibilities and much easier to create more complex things such as AI. I have barely coded ever since I got it. MonoDevelop is lonely now :)

I believe if you have unity pro (which I do not) Playmaker comes with its own set of pathfinding in the actions section. But even without it, you can easily create your own AI.

3. Vaupell

Vaupell

It's the pathfinding from Unity Pro playmaker have additional actions for.
    For future reference if you need actions for other assets, most of them are linked from this
    Add-on list - https://hutonggames.fogbugz.com/default.asp?W714

So if you get pro, and plan to use Unity in,engine pathing get the package from the link and enjoy :D
    I still find some limitations in playMaker so usually I combine small C# scripts and playmaker actions.

4. snowconesolid

snowconesolid

yeah I visit the Playmaker forums every once in a while to see whats new, actions/updates etc. I also like to see what other people have created with it. (such as your AI demo you have)

Thanks for the link, I had no idea there was an addon for the Shuriken particle system in unity. Going to give it a try.

Its nice to see that so many third party tools are compatible with playmaker. Iv coded all of my earlier projects. I got playmaker after around my 7th project and since have been using it. Honestly, I dont think I can go back to fully coding everything again. I can't live without playmaker now. Its such an amazing powerful tool for game development and even other applications. I feel like visual programming is the future for normal coding but thats just me. I agree it has its limitations and every once in a while you need to code something that isnt available with playmaker, of course nothing is perfect but playmaker sure is close.

5. Vaupell

Vaupell

Was bored today, so added a few things.

- Pickups
    - Explosions
    - More sfx
    - 1 Weapon upgrade

6. Vaupell

Vaupell

minor update but platform changes

- Moving platform (vertical) many issues with this thing, player falling through etc, TEMP solved it, might change the function.
    - GUI items + debug info
    - AI ajustments
    - Life pickup
    - Ramp test

Also updated the webplayer ;)