Search Unity

Island ScreenShots

Discussion in 'Works In Progress - Archive' started by LittleJ, Jan 21, 2014.

1. LittleJ

LittleJ

Hey guys, made an island and took some screenshots to see the results.
    I think they turned out pretty nice, What about your opinions?

2. xt-xylophone

xt-xylophone

To be honest it looks very unnatural. If you were after a cartoony style then its pretty close with the bright textures and sharp edges.

If you are after more realism you're gonna need more than, by the looks of it, 3 textures and blend them much better.

Also a scene is greatly improved by playing with the fog and light colours to create an 'aerial perspective'

3. LittleJ

LittleJ

Thanks, its only really the first actual island i have tried to make. Thanks i will take that in mind :))

4. Livvy

Livvy

I would also grab some different textures from the standard unity ones , check the asset store as there are plenty of free ones. Lighting is also very important.

I am not sure if it is still available but there was a "Terrain Tools" made by unity i believe. It was a very helpful tool for creating terrains.

5. LittleJ

LittleJ

Okay, thankyou! I am currently looking into lighting aswell to get it more realistic.

6. Livvy

Livvy

Another thing you could try is to make a very small terrain. Say about 50 x 50, try and focus on making this tiny little scene as nice as you possibly can. Once you have practiced on this smaller section then try expanding into a bigger world.

Focusing on a small section has helped me greatly, especially with regards to object placement and texture blending.

If you need any help feel free to drop me a message.

7. Gobla

Gobla