Search Unity

basilbits game thread

Discussion in 'Works In Progress - Archive' started by Deleted User, Jan 20, 2014.

1. Deleted User

Deleted User

This is my last thread. I will just post all my ideas on here. Not sure if I can do it so please correct me. Any ways the game....

Isolation 0.0.0.5

Your stranded in a ocean with only your magnum and wits survive. If wondering I postponded campfire so yes . I will take questions answers comments etc. Also I will add more screenshots. Anyway here are screenshots....

$DSCF0010.JPG

$DSCF0008.JPG

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 20, 2014
  2. AndrewGrayGames

AndrewGrayGames

Basil, since you mention you're not secure on where this goes, think of it like this - which forum header best describes where to put a thread? In this case, I'd say Works In Progress, since the project you show is something that you're working on. Showcase is for something you've worked on that's done. General is for things that don't fit cleanly in those other categories.

Hope that helps you understand. Just take a second, and deliberate before you post.

EDIT: Also, a helpful tip - you can take full-screen screenshots from your keyboard. There is a 'Print Screen' button (should be to the left of Scroll Lock) - just press that once, open up a program like GIMP or MS Paint or what-have-you, and do an Edit | Paste. What's more, doing this lets you take a selection from your image so that you have more control over how much, if any, of your editor that you show. Hope that helps you in the future!

3. JamesLeeNZ

JamesLeeNZ

Please lock/delete/move this thread.

My Trollolo senses are tingling

4. I am da bawss

I am da bawss

LOL. This is the second time in a month I seen people taking screenshots with a photo.

Seems like "Print Screen/SysRq" is some kind of long lost art or something.

5. Blacklight

Blacklight

Attached Files:

6. Deleted User

Deleted User

Using tablet don't have that feature.also I just made this to cut down on threads.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 20, 2014
  7. AndrewGrayGames

AndrewGrayGames

Based on the screenshot you gave, I'm pretty sure you do. That's Unity running in Windows 7. I'm pretty sure the editor won't run on a tablet.

Now, I'm going to have to start agreeing with JamesLeeNZ - maybe you really are trolling us all. If you are, you should stop; if you're genuinely this clueless, the first thing you should do is:

A) stop arguing with us - I specifically am/was trying to help, and

B) be on the forums less, and work more on making something.

Your v0.0005 game is a start, which I applaud you for, but as far as I can see you have nothing really interesting to say.

As far as your questions are concerned for things like code, art assets, and sound, the correct place to post would be the Scripting forum (for code), External Tools for using other software like GIMP, Blender, Audacity, or other stuff, or making a quick post in the WIP small works thread for a specific thing you're having trouble with.

For now I choose to assume that you really don't know what you're doing, and that's OK - but, when someone tries to help you (as many of us have) don't just disregard our advice as you did. Listen, think it over, and actually try it. Given that many of us have shipped at least one game before, you may find the ideas we give helpful, as we had to do them ourselves.

So, bookmark this thread, and when you've got something more interesting, post again. I hope all of this helps, and I wish you luck.

8. eskimojoe

eskimojoe

$keyboard.png

My Windows 8.1 server tablet comes with a touch screen keyboard when I do not attach it to an actual keyboard. There is a PrtScrn button there.

9. eskimojoe

eskimojoe

If you are using the iPad, there is the Start Button + Power Button to take a screenshot. There is also the PrtScrn on iPad too.

$ipad3.png

10. eskimojoe

eskimojoe

11. LaneFox

LaneFox

I think you missed some zero's.

There really isn't anything here to critique. You have some palm trees and a UFPS avatar. Good job?