Search Unity

Asset Store Loading

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by BlakeGillman, Jan 12, 2014.

1. BlakeGillman

BlakeGillman

So whenever I open unity's asset store it just doesn't stop loading. I waited a half hour and now i am posting this. at the bottom left it says "An unknown error has occured" via the console. I am very confused, I just yesterday got latest version of unity.

$Problem.png

Established possible fixes:
    • Run asset store from a Web Browser
    • Change the asset store language to something random then back to english
    • Login in / out of the asset store
    • Restart unity
    • Run unity as Administrator

If those solutions do not work, then I'm afraid you're screwed

Last edited: Dec 31, 2016
  2. BlakeGillman

BlakeGillman

Please please, not so many answers at once! :|

crudeMe and maria-dev like this.
  3. Mauri

Mauri

Since your topic was created just a hour ago, have some patient.

I was getting this "Unknown error"-thing twice, right at the start when I was firing up Unity. But it doesn't seem to be an Asset Store-related problem. The Asset Store loads by the way fine for me... However, do you have any VPN-software installed like Hamachi? Deactivating/Uninstalling those seems to stop this odd behaviour.

faraz and maria-dev like this.
  4. Gigiwoo

Gigiwoo

Is there a resolutino to this? I am getting this exact error. I eventually purchased the asset through the unity website. And since the only option is to open in Unity, I'm completely stuck. (Mac, Unity 3.5.7)

Gigi.

maria-dev likes this.
  5. DirtyMoose

DirtyMoose

im having the same issue

6. Mallus

Mallus

I'm also having this issue. I've noticed an odd behavior in troubleshooting. When I open the asset store through the application it shows the endless loading that BondoGames is seeing. If I go into Windows Firewall and disable it I am able to open the asset store and the front page loads. However, once I click on any link on the page to view an asset or sub-folder it goes back to the endless loading. Does anyone else see that where it will load once after changing firewall status? Disclaimer, if you try that you should probably re-enable firewall afterwards.

Edit: Ok, now I'm really confused. I started up Wireshark to do some network troubleshooting and now it's working like a champ. I'm able to navigate the subfolders, view assets, and I was able to download one as a test. The only thing I did different was to start the WinPCap service. My firewall is back on as well and it's still able to connect.

Last edited: Mar 3, 2014
  7. FahidK

FahidK

POSSIBLE FIX: To all people who have this issue I've been trying to download something for over 2hrs, it keeps saying connecting to store/loading, i don't need to run programs as admin, but this time i tried closing unit and then re-open with right click and run as admin, it worked very fast, let me know if it works for you.

8. SpencerPDX

SpencerPDX

I was trying to get to my previous purchases in order to import an asset, and was seeing something similar to the OP. Though I didn't get an error, and could see the special offers along the right side. Tried running as admin, and tried pausing Dropbox, but they didn't work.

Then I realized I wasn't logged into the Asset Store. That did the trick. :)

No idea why I got logged out in the first place, though.

ducklin and maria-dev like this.
  9. martindesrosiers

martindesrosiers

It worked,

Thanks

maria-dev likes this.
  10. angrypenguin

angrypenguin

I just had something similar, and found that just logging in made everything suddenly work. Worth checking, and maybe logging out/in could be worth a try?

ducklin likes this.
  11. DukeAtreides

DukeAtreides

Worked for me as well. Just started Unity as Administrator.

dwroble1 likes this.
  12. Bakas

Bakas

For me nothing actually works.. tried loging in asset store, it keeps saying connecting to server. tried making new account , the button to finalize the creation , is not working either.... well.. if anyone has an answer, plz email @ bakasmarios@hotmail.gr

13. rwcombs

rwcombs

Same issue here. Just keeps saying its loading for forever. Using the Mac OSX version of Unity 4-fully updated.

Exactly the same thing I tried with the same result. Can't log into the unity store at all right now.

Last edited: Apr 30, 2014
  14. cheezorg

cheezorg

On and off unusable for me too. Running Unity Pro 4.3.4f1 on Mac OSX 10.9.2. No firewall or VPNs running.

For the last several days up until 5 minutes ago it was completely broken, then as I was writing this post everything started magically working.

So either it's an intermittent thing or I am a magician.

15. mgear

mgear

It usually happens if you are not logged in the asset store (inside unity),
    login, then close asset store window and then it works..

maria-dev likes this.
  16. josker

josker

Had the same trouble, need to be signed in and run as administrator.

17. xiaoken

xiaoken

I had the problem in Firefox, but when I switched to Explorer it worked fine. Try changing the browser - it worked for me.

18. Tera_GX

Tera_GX

+1 to the Login as solution. In Unity, I logged in, didn't get immediate results, closed and opened the Asset Store window, and was then able to get it to work normally.

faraz likes this.
  19. oxyscythe

oxyscythe

Running as Administrator doesn't fix it for me. Although I think I might be having a somewhat different problem in that, I don't think it's a connection problem. It looks more like a rendering problem (weirdly enough), because the asset window shows nothing (just a blank white screen), but when I move my mouse around the cursor changes to the hyperlink hand. So I am guessing the window contents are actually there, but just not rendering.

Anyone else experiencing this? I tried updating my graphics card drivers too, but they're already at the latest version.

20. M1ke314

M1ke314

I have exactly the same problem as oxyscythe

However, it appears to be due to my laptop having two different graphics processors. Integrated Graphics (Intel HD...) and NVIDIA GeForce.
    I'm assuming UNITY is displaying the asset store using a web browser control (an IE control?) which is using a different graphics processor to the one used by UNITY. e.g. The NVIDIA Control Panel allows you to select the graphics processor per application. UNITY is set to use the High Performance NVIDIA processor while Internet Explorer is set to use the Integrated Graphics processor. IE appears locked to using the integrated graphics for some reason (at least on win 8). Changing Unity to use the Integrated graphics processor makes the asset store work. One I've done importing the assets, I exit UNITY and switch the processor back to NVIDIA.

Annoying as heck but it works.

Damasch and eightren like this.
  21. anivader1789

anivader1789

For me, logging in worked. So try logging in and see if it solves the problem (- to those who are having this problem). Unity needs to take a look at this. This is very unprofessional of them.

22. faraz

faraz

I got this and it helped.

1# Close unity, then run as administrator by right click on icon and click run as administrator
    2# Close and Re open the Asset Store window
    3# disable dx11
    goto edit > project settings > player, untick 'use direct3d 11'
    4# Check your firewall is it blocking Unity's Internet access

source

bstout, ducklin and maria-dev like this.
  23. maria-dev

maria-dev

thanks @faraz

ducklin likes this.
  24. oxyscythe

oxyscythe

Yup the DX11 thing did it for me too

maria-dev likes this.
  25. snacktime

snacktime

Ya this is ridiculous, this problem has existed for at least a couple of years now. I think all of the suggestions listed are just coincidental. watching the network traffic shows they are making one http request at a time and not handling slow/timed out requests like they should. Completely broken.

At least let us import the packages from the asset store directly from the browser, don't make us go through your broken piece of **** asset store UI that's in unity until you can fix it.

Flurgle likes this.
  26. ducklin

ducklin

worked :) thanks

faraz likes this.
  27. bstout

bstout

this is the one that worked for me. thanks for sharing it.

faraz likes this.
  28. Khyrid

Khyrid

No suggestions above work for me.
    It appears that this problem is off and on for many people.
    Correlation does not equal causation. What you think made it work may have had nothing to do with it.
    Some said to login, login to what? A blank white screen?
    Close the asset store and reopen? How when unity becomes 'not responding'?

I've seen other forums talkign about this issue suggest to delete registry keys after un-installation then re-installation. Hell no.

Here is the fix: Hey Unity, fix this.

29. rmorph

rmorph

This is the main reason I haven't upgraded to unity pro - I wasted 3 weeks on the 30 day trial license trying to get my purchased assets working - but can't download them because I get the white screen repeatedly.

I have tried everything in the above thread - I have deleted unity countless times and crawled through my registry looking for something obvious. I have swapped web browsers and changed my appdir location and back (Hours of registry shennanigans).
    Long story short: My primary dev machine cannot run the app store. Ridiculous.

I have also posted in the help forum (Without getting help) and sent in a unity support request (no reply).

I'm beyond frustrated at this point. Unity - Fix the appstore!

Vivek-Savsaiya likes this.
  30. Khyrid

Khyrid

I disabled Hamachi and downloaded a new version of Unity. It worked after that. I guess keep trying everything until something works or learn UDK.

31. Vivek-Savsaiya

Vivek-Savsaiya

same thing for me,
    is that you found any solution ??

32. rmorph

rmorph

I ended up reinstalling my machine - total wipe of everything. I get angst every time I open Unity because I still don't know what the problem was and if it will start happening again. So far the shop is coming up every time however - albeit very slowly - whitescreening for up to 5 or 10 minutes before eventually loading. At a guess they use their own web api which is dependent on some graphics function which is a bit iffy. My graphics card is Nvidia GTX780 - and I \understand some nvidia cards give problems.

I still haven't purchased Pro yet - I'm totally on the fence since this is such a hugely important function that is obviously very weak, and Unity don't really seem to have control over it. The idea of suddenly losing access to assets, or not being able to keep them updated is a real showstopper for me: I'm not a developer really and don't have any ability to troubleshoot this level of problem. Looking round on the internet this issue has affected hundreds of people - its not minor! Most seem to just give up when they don't get any real response from the developers.

Anyway, Good luck with your issues!

33. kilinchumeyra

kilinchumeyra

Instead of opening assets in website, i open the asset store in unity screen. It worked

Window > Asset Store (Ctrl + 9)

34. magique

magique

That works for me. Someone else suggested this, but didn't explain where to press Ctrl-9. Thanks. This was really causing me issues. Still, Unity needs to fix this. It's not something on my end if I have the same issue sudden;y on 2 separate computers in 2 separate locations on 2 separate networks and 2 separate logins.

35. sareer

sareer

Solved. Just go to edit>Network Emulation and choose your internet connection type then right click on "Asset Store" tab next to Scene and Console and hit "Reload". Hope this helps.

36. magique

magique

Doesn't work for me. I select my connection type and then when I select Open in Unity from an asset, it still spins and spins forever. The only way it works for me is to open the asset store from the menu option or Ctrl-9.

sareer likes this.
  37. NunchuckSkillz

NunchuckSkillz

I had the same problem, tried restarting unity, logging out and back in, nothing was working, then i changed the asset store language to japanese and back to english and everything loaded fine. Not sure what was going on..

38. BlakeGillman

BlakeGillman

Established possible fixes:
    • Run asset store from a Web Browser
    • Change the asset store language to something random then back to english
    • Login in / out of the asset store
    • Restart unity
    • Run unity as Administrator

If those solutions do not work, then I'm afraid you're screwed