Search Unity

iOS: Save to text files and extract it out through iTunes

Discussion in 'Scripting' started by Mr_Cad, Jan 8, 2014.

1. Mr_Cad

Mr_Cad

Hi,
    I want include a form filling inside my game and let the users fill it after they're done playing.
    Once the form has been filled up, I will save it locally but I'm wondering is there anyway I can extract/get back the file that being saved locally? (For example if I saved it as .txt file)
    I'm referring to the actual file, not just load it within the game itself because I need to further "process/record" the text files manually.

I know some of the Ringtone app that uses this technique where they save the ringtone locally and u have to extract it through iTunes.

Does anyone know how can achieve this?

EDIT:
    Something like this
    http://support.apple.com/kb/ht4094

Last edited: Jan 8, 2014
  2. lorenalexm

lorenalexm

If you're asking the users to not only fill out a form after completion, but then go through steps to extract it from the device and send it to you, I would be quite surprised for you to get many returned if any at all.

I would look into prehaps using the WWW class and pass all the form data to a PHP/ASP script on your server, which would in turn write this data to a database of your choosing. Not only would this simplify the process for your users and possibly result in an increase in responces, but you would also be able to process the data far easier then text files by hand.

3. Mr_Cad

Mr_Cad

This app will not be released to store. Users will key in their details into our test devices and after that we will do the extracting works by ourselves.
    It's more like a survey type of app only.

I'm trying to achieve this without using any servers.