Search Unity

Novice question about moving in rotation.

Discussion in 'Scripting' started by Endiss, Jan 7, 2014.

1. Endiss

Endiss

Hello so i've got question about moving object always forward but in rotation of object way.
    Is it possible to do that? If yes maybe some one got any good tutorial or so.

2. Rome

Rome

Your question does not seem to make sense. You have a moving object which is always moving forward but you want it to go in a rotation? Or do you want to rotate the object as it is moving?

3. Endiss

Endiss

$move.png

Here is a sample that object is moving in rotate direction. Ofc its only for 2d project:)

Last edited: Jan 7, 2014
  4. Rome

Rome

Ah I got you :), I believe that is called Bezier Curve. Since there is explanation online already I won't go into it. Here is the link with the working code. All you have to do is incorporate it into your project.

http://answers.unity3d.com/questions/12689/moving-an-object-along-a-bezier-curve.html

Edit: You would have to change the code a bit to the amount of points you want :), there might be more optimized code but I will leave it up to you to find it.

Last edited: Jan 7, 2014
  5. LightStriker

LightStriker

Should be something like this:

Code (csharp):
    2. gameObject.transform.position += gameObject.transform.forward * speed * Time.deltaTime;