Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

EasyRoads3D v1.0 for Unity - Plugin version Online

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by raoul, Apr 29, 2009.

1. raoul

raoul

The demo only supports one road, you should be able to change the width in "General Settings". EasyRoads3D is spline based so sharp corners are not possible on a single road object. But you could create a new road object and merging the two in a modelling app. Intersections is the first thing on the list after version 2 is out.

2. mercuryplutus

mercuryplutus

just bought it and getting the cannot connect to server message when trying to register with key.

3. raoul

raoul

This should work fine. Did you try again?

4. malyna

malyna

I get this:

Could not connet to server!

trying demo version.

5. raoul

raoul

Just try again... I will look into this if it becomes a frequent problem but it has always worked well. Tried myself several times today after the latest couple of posts, no problems for me.

6. mercuryplutus

mercuryplutus

I still can't get this to work. demo and real key just come up with the cannot connect to server error. if i type in the url to a web browser that was output to the console it returns 'ok'.

EDIT: Got it working. Create a new temp project and register it in that project if your having the same problem. Don't know why it needed a fresh project to work.

7. mercuryplutus

mercuryplutus

seriously awesome. Can't wait for version 2. Is there any point in exporting the road and breaking it down into multiple parts if im using umbra?

Last edited: Oct 14, 2010
  8. raoul

raoul

Glad you got it to hear you got it to work and thanks for the nice words. On second thoughts it has been reported before that it was not possible to register, he figured out that it was due to the project set to built as webplayer. Switching temporarily to standalone solved the problem. This may have to do with new security protocol in Unity 3. So anyone who continously has problems registering, this also may help.

You can export to .obj in the render settings. Breaking the road down in multiple parts will be one of the new features in version 2.

Last edited: Oct 14, 2010
  9. Pulov

Pulov

10. raoul

raoul

I have been thinking about adding bridge geometry to the current bridge options in EasyRoads. I will probably do so but my main aim is to make a tool that makes things easier with full flexibility to give it your own style and character so not all "EasyRoads3D " games will look the same. The tunnel feature will be included as well in version 2.x, I already started on that as it is based on my cave system.

11. TerryNorton

TerryNorton

I have my original purchase email from May 2009. It includes a download link for version 1.2. The link gives a 404.

What's the proper procedure to get the latest version, download the demo?

12. raoul

raoul

Hi Terry, 1.2 is the old standalone version. Could you send me a PM with your email or contact me through the contact page on www.unityterraintools.com?

13. janpec

janpec

Hey raoul is it possible to create road with alpha texture for EasyRoad? I would like to create dirt type of roadtrack and i would need road texture to fade on side.

14. raoul

raoul

EasyRoads3D creates the geometry, the result is a gameobject with a meshrenderer where you can use any shader you want. Actually the road in the top pano image on www.unityterraintools.com uses a transparent shader, dirt texture added to the terrain splatmap and transparant edges on the road material.

15. janpec

janpec

That is excellent news.

16. mercuryplutus

mercuryplutus

Has anyone noticed invisible geometry (cant even see it in wire frame mode) blocking the middle of the road every 30 meters or so? pretty annoying. Its about 3x3x3 meters.

rob

17. IonDave

IonDave

I haven't

18. raoul

raoul

What do you mean mercuryplutus? Can you sent me an example?

19. mercuryplutus

mercuryplutus

Sorry been away for the long weekend down here in NZ. yeah will do. Ill upload a web player example tonight. Still havent solved the problem. really strange.

20. mercuryplutus

mercuryplutus

okay go here http://investingsimulators.com/WebPlayer.html and run down the middle of the road on the white lines... If i remove the road object there is no problem. if there is no easy fix, ill try deleting the road and re-make it.

21. raoul

raoul

Yes, that is exactly what seems to happen. EasyRoads3D is an editor tool. Once you are finished shaping the road etc. do:

Menu > EasyRoads3D > Built EasyRoads3D objects.

This will remove all editor game objects, including markers and scripts (I always keep a copy of the full project before doing this). It definetly seems like the model is running into the invisible markers.

Last edited: Oct 26, 2010
  22. mercuryplutus

mercuryplutus

:) lol my bad. cheers raoul. works great. Any chance sidewalks will be a feature in the next version?

23. raoul

raoul

Good, glad to hear you got that fixed. Yes, you can create sidewalk type of geometry in version 2. The first beta version will be available in the next couple of weeks.

24. janpec

janpec

Ah please hurry up cant wait to upgrade!

25. junkyardog

junkyardog

You know, I went to get it but the paypal page comes up in Espana. I am afraid I don't speak Spanish and I did not find an English version. Are we SOL? ; )

Randy

{ Actually if you click on many other languages, it comes up in English. Ordered, hope it is in English : ) }

26. raoul

raoul

Didn't know it comes up in Spanish on Paypal, I will see if I can change that when I upgrade the store for version 2. Sorry about that! Thanks for ordering junkyardog! And yes the plugin and manual, is in English ;)

27. berk444

berk444

using unity 3 and EasyRoads3D 1.8.1 demo, we can replace the road markers, however, the default surface does not generated as in the demo video. What are we doing wrong?

28. raoul

raoul

Berk444, you also contacted me by email about this, right?

29. raoul

raoul

http://www.unityterraintools.com/demo_v2.php

This is a demo movie showing the side objects feature of EasyRoads3d v2. I am currently preparing the first beta built of version 2. Hopefully it will be released before the end of the week.

30. IonDave

IonDave

Nice! You never let your customers down. I can't wait! :)

31. Thetal

Thetal

Exactly same problem here. Never contacted anyone.

32. raoul

raoul

Thetal, did you register the demo?

33. Thetal

Thetal

No. But a read readme file carefully - I believe there was nothing about registration. But I could be wrong.

34. Thetal

Thetal

Doh! IDK, if registration is a requirement for addon to work - it should be mentioned in "GETTING STARTED CREATING THE ROAD" section. I read manual.html - but skipped "KNOWN ISSUES -> After registering" paragraph, was assuming it relates to purchased copy. And that is seems to be the only part where registration is mentioned. Will try your addon later.

35. raoul

raoul

36. malyna

malyna

hey,
    raoul i just saw the v2 preview. All i can say is #$#%# !
    Im waiting for release.

37. Thetal

Thetal

thank you - but fixing manual, the "getting started" paragraph would be much better idea. Because that is what ppl supposed to do - download file and follow documentation.

38. raoul

raoul

Yes, I will put it in the manual in the "getting started" paragraph as well, thanks

39. Thetal

Thetal

Upgraded to Unity 3.1. Tried to use use your tool again. It gives "Registration Could not connect to server!" message.

40. raoul

raoul

I haven't tested this yet on 3.1 but please try again, it should work. I will check this too.

Updated the v2 preview with a simple train track scene, http://www.unityterraintools.com/demo_v2.php.

Both scenes will be included in a demo project that comes with v2.

41. malyna

malyna

hi,
    There is a release date for v2 already ?

42. raoul

raoul

Hi maylyna, I have to clean up the demo project and update the website / store. Hopefully tomorrow everything will be ready and released, otherwise early next week.

43. Greg-Bassett

Greg-Bassett

Hi Raoul,

Been a while, well I must say v2 looks incredible!!!

Looking forward to trying it out when its released, hats off, really great work!

Remember if you ever need a car to drive or race around your v2 roads, then my Vehicle Editor is the tool for the job! :D

All the best!

44. malyna

malyna

hey raoul
    Will you add side objects from preview to the final release ?

45. raoul

raoul

Yes, side objects will be part of the the first beta release

46. magoghm

magoghm

I have the same problem. I have Unity 3.1 and wanted to try the demo to see if EasyRoads3D was the right tool for the project I'm working on, but I haven't been able to test it due to this problem.

47. raoul

raoul

I registered yesterday several times while testing v2, it uses the same procedure. I just registered the demo in a new project. No problems. As I already wrote, please try again. I will change the message text because apparantly this is confusing but it is exactly what it says, no connection could be made to the server, these are no script errors. My apologies for this, but it will work if you try again.

48. Pixero

Pixero

Will v.2 have forked roads and roads crossing for making more than one road?

49. PolyMad

PolyMad

This plugin is astounding and price is really low for what it offers IMHO.

50. Greg-Bassett

Greg-Bassett

Here, here! It is an awesome product!!!

BTW, Is there an upgrade cost for users of v1 when v2 is released?