Unity Community

Page 4 of 41 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

1. Location
    Spain
    Hi Nikko,

I am currently working on an update, terrain export to mesh will be one of the new features.

2. I think it would be terrific if you also started working on crossroad/intersection templates for various amounts of roads, with markers to bend and twist its shape and rotation. Really, this is a much needed feature and would dramatically increase the caliber of your work.

For instance, a 3-way intersection template could look like this:

You'd manipulate the markers to adjust rotation and whether either arm of the intersection pointed towards different slopes/elevation. The curves would be auto-generated depending on angle, similar to bezier curves.

3. Location
    Houston, TX
    Well I downloaded the MAC demo version, but all it does is import a generic terrain, no edit features, nothing, its like alpha .01 version. Is there an updated demo to download that does something? I also sent you an PM about purchase. I'd like to see how this thing actually functions but the version to download does nothing but opens the demo terrain, thats it.

4. Location
    Spain
    Quote Originally Posted by inhuman
    I think it would be terrific if you also started working on crossroad/intersection templates for various amounts of roads, with markers to bend and twist its shape and rotation. Really, this is a much needed feature and would dramatically increase the caliber of your work.

For instance, a 3-way intersection template could look like this:
    This is on the scope. I am currently working on a plugin version and then I will add new features.

Zumwalt, all demos in the 2 threads about this do work. The demo in the first post of this thread is the latest and does work. I replied to your PM. Did you read the instructions? Please let me know if it still fails to work for you.

5. Location
    Amsterdam
    Hi. I'm having trouble with the physics of my car in combination with the road mesh. Was wondering if anyone could help me.
    I used EasyRoads to make a simple road. Imported to unity and added a mesh collider to the road. Now when I drive the car from the terrain ON the road, it gets really slowed down. Except when the road is placed higher than the terrain (like y = 1), it just behaves normally then.

I guess one could suggest to not add a mesh collider then, but how to get bridges to work then? Make them seperate models?

6. Location
    Spain
    Hi Jordos,

It seems the issue you have is not really related to EasyRoads looking at your earlier thread in the support section, http://forum.unity3d.com/viewtopic.php?t=32284.

I wish I could help but I do not have much experience with car physics. Maybe you could post your code and explain your physics setup? Someone might be able to help you getting it to work.

Raoul

7. Location
    Amsterdam
    You're right. I was hoping someone who used EasyRoads implemented physics in their game.

8. Posts
    Hey Raoul,

Would you like to host your project at my website? I have unlimited space and bandwidth and happen to think this is super cool work.

The URL is http://www.showmethatagain.com

9. Product Manager

Status?

Hi Raoul,
    What's the current status of EasyRoads?

Any idea when the 1.5 update will be ready?

Thanks,
    Brett

10. Location
    Spain
    Hi Brett,

A plugin version is almost finished with a couple of new features such as closed tracks for racing games. It will be available hopefully within the next month.

Raoul

11. Location
    Essex - UK
    That is great to hear - I'm looking forward to this

12. Location
    Spain
    Thanks!

Some screenshots:

For my own projects I developed a range of other terrain tools among which rivers and lakes with shore geometry automatically created and materials added. If there is interest in this kind of tools I will release them as plugin versions as well.

13. Location
    Essex - UK
    Absolutely - I'd be happy to purchase further products from you - these are great quality.

14. Location
    Houston, TX
    A rivers and lakes carving tool would get used a lot around here I would imagine.

15. Location
    Halmstad, Sweden

16. Location
    Netherlands
    Your windows demo give a 404. Can you fix the link?
    I will test it out
    A new unity user...

17. Location
    Spain
    Yes, I took it off as it won't be long before I will release the plugin version. If you, or anyone else, is still interested in the standalone version let me know!

18. Location
    Netherlands
    If it's no cost, then i am interrest.
    A new unity user...

19. Posts
    Have you got a update when the plugin will be ready? can't wait! btw will we get the update on our e-mail or as a link in htis threat?

20. Location
    Spain
    Thanks for your interest DrFromTheLab! Still some small things to fix/check. Also working on a website, unityterraintools.com

From this website you can download the demo and purchase the full version.

Raoul

Page 4 of 41 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast