Search Unity

[FREE] UDS - Destruction in Unity!

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by KheltonHeadley, Jan 5, 2014.

1. KheltonHeadley

KheltonHeadley

$UnityDebrisSystem.png

Unity Debris System, is a inexpensive way to bring destruction to your project! With a few clicks, create realistic destruction. The possibilities for destruction are endless, you can make destruction without sacrificing performance. Already being used in several projects,we thought we'd bring it to the community, and at a cheap price. So everyone has the chance to use it. There are examples of destruction in the project, you can use to your wishes. We've implemented custom inspectors/Gameobject Menus so you can customize stuff to how you want it. We hope you enjoy it.

Screenshots:
    $Screen Shot 2014-01-04 at 7.10.09 PM.png
    -
    $Screen Shot 2014-01-04 at 7.00.22 PM.png
    -
    $4MRpddl.png
    -
    $VSlh3RH.png

Webplayer:
    http://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/49350017/UnityDebrisSystem/UnityDebrisSystem.html

Download Free Version:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/19968260/UnityDebrisSystem.unitypackage

Hope you enjoy!

Last edited: Jul 2, 2014
    NotEnoughLemons3D likes this.
  2. SubZeroGaming

SubZeroGaming

Excellent job!

3. chrisall76

chrisall76

Pretty nice, I'll make sure to bookmark it in case I ever need to use it.

4. gsokol

gsokol

Looks awesome man! Good job :) I may find this useful for something in the future.

5. hippocoder

hippocoder

Digital Ape

Feels good!

6. KheltonHeadley

KheltonHeadley

Thanks everyone!

7. KRGraphics

KRGraphics

Way to go Khelton... this is a definitely must have asset :)

8. I am da bawss

I am da bawss

Looks good Khelton, definitely on my shopping list :)

9. landon912

landon912

Looks great Khelton! What does "This Plugin does not fracture within Unity. See README" exactly mean? I can't seem to find the link to the readme, maybe it's just my massive fingers on this small screen....

10. KheltonHeadley

KheltonHeadley

We're still contemplating leaving it like so, or having it all be 1 click and go. Basically, you'll need to apply a script in your modelling package, that will destruct the object the way you want it. The programmer I'm working with has been experimenting with converting this into Unity but the at the moment it's not how we'd like it. The method we use now is very performance efficient and has been done by many AAA studios. Another thing is it allows for more scripted and set up destruction, it is still real time and is dynamic but the breaks are definite.

Our current plans for 1.0(when the asset store accepts it) are to have destruction done manually in your modelling package. In the readme it has instructions for Blender, Modo, Maya and Max. However, I'm sure there are many different ways of doing this in any modelling package. In 1.1, we're hoping that there will be a inspector where you write how many pieces you want, hollow or not. Since colliders are already set up. It's soon to be a fully complete package. I personally prefer the first method as it only takes 3 seconds per variation. This may not be the preferred method from many of you, but it's not only the most computer friendly way, but it's also more expandable.

11. KheltonHeadley

KheltonHeadley

So a lot of PM's have been coming in regarding the package. It was submitted to Unity in January, and it wasn't accepted. In the email I got, it said it was too similar to other packages on the store, and was denied. I am in the process of resubmitting and hopefully this time it will be accepted.

Cheers,
    Khelton

12. Aiursrage2k

Aiursrage2k

Thats abit strange considering there are so many of the same thing in the asset store.

13. 22

This asset is different. I like it.

How is the performance on mobile? iOS/Android?

14. DogeZ

DogeZ

Awesome!
    Just a suggestion, in one of our games we had the debris fall down through the floor (disable the collider...) and remove the debris beneath the ground, so it does not interfere that much. Might be worth adding to the system.

15. KheltonHeadley

KheltonHeadley

Asset is now free. If released on the asset store. You will be allowed to continue using the free version however it will not be updated. Video tutorial is now in thread.

John-G likes this.
  16. KheltonHeadley

KheltonHeadley

Currently performance is good, however we will be working on updates that improve performance even more, and also allow fracturing within Unity. No need to do it in Blender or a different modelling package. These will all come in the future, once we can figure out getting this on the store.

17. Unboundv2

Unboundv2

I don't see it on the asset store in unity? Is there something I search specifically.

18. KheltonHeadley

KheltonHeadley

I've submitted it sometime last week, still no word from Unity. If it is for some reason rejected a second time it will once again be free.

Unboundv2 likes this.
  19. Play_Edu

Play_Edu

20. KheltonHeadley

KheltonHeadley

So it was denied again, so guess it's time to improve the package. Download link was added again.

21. jkke

jkke

Hey khelton, thanks for the package! I hope to use this in a game. I will credit you for the destruction. Thanks again!

22. XboxOne4Lyfe

XboxOne4Lyfe

Ehhhh, this is meh. It is cool to mess with or use as a starting point but to actually think this can be seriously used commercially is appalling. The performance is absolutely terrible on high end mobile phones, and the quality of the debris are horrible and look jaggedy like PS1 games. I think the debris are a joke because when a box explodes, the pieces shouldn't look circular or resemble fruits, and on top of that the debris have TOTALLY different textures than the actual model its self, which is a no no.

There are much better model destruction packages on the Unity store than this rubbish, I'm not surprised this crap got denied not once, but TWICE from the asset store.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2015
  23. ax0079

ax0079

without sacrificing performance?? thousand of draw call when it destroy?? can fix ?

24. KheltonHeadley

KheltonHeadley

Performance shouldn't be noticeable. The debris provided are just simple examples and as this isn't an art package, your art criticisms while accepted, don't mean much. The crate doesn't explode into pieces of fruit, but explodes as if it was hollow. The pottery explodes in chunks simply because it was a better display of the package. As for different textures, not sure what you mean there. As for being declined, the first was an unfair ruling by Unity and was agreed on by certain people at Unity as such, the second time it was due to having the name Unity in the title. I appreciate the aggressive criticism and the fact that you took the time to write it out, thank you.

Not sure what is happening if that is the case.

25. Deleted User

Deleted User

How can I implement the destruction
    in multi-player game using SmartFoxServer?

26. N00MKRAD

N00MKRAD

Can you reupload it?

Really wanna try it.