Search Unity

how do i start a new script

Discussion in 'Scripting' started by Deleted User, Jan 4, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deleted User

Deleted User

dear viewers

how do i start a new script? i know some js but am still clueless as to open a blank script?

2. jgodfrey

jgodfrey

Right-click in the Project view and then select "Create | Javascript". That'll create a new blank script and add it to your project. Then, just double click the new script in the project to open it in the wired editor (MonoDevelop, Visual Studio, etc).

Jeff

3. Deleted User

Deleted User

thank you jeff

4. rob_b30

rob_b30

Dude. Some small advice. Do a few tutorials....

You could try starting here. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QMWhtKjUr10

Alternatively just use google to find a basic tutorial to show you what it's about, there are plenty out there

5. Deleted User

Deleted User

some times my youtube doesn't work and i like learn visually

6. rob_b30

rob_b30

There's also plenty of written materials with pictures and step by step, both in hardcopy and in digital copy. You will find if you do some basic tutorials you will have a much better grasp of unity as a whole, you may also learn a lot from the pipeline that the tutorials take to get to an actual game. Many people play around with Unity and can see it's potential but can't ever seem to actually get anything really done. Understanding the pipeline is key and something most fail to learn or develop.

Free advice from someone with many years of experience.

PS. if this is you're first time out, pick something very very simple to do. The simplest game you can imagine. See how you go with that then move up.

7. softwizz

softwizz

8. Deleted User

Deleted User

Interesting

9. SubZeroGaming

SubZeroGaming

You're what's wrong with this community.

Welcome to Unity, Basilbits.

10. Deleted User

Deleted User

11. Thomas-Pasieka

Thomas-Pasieka

He is not what's wrong with this community. He was actually trying to give advise so I beg to differ. Now let's have a look at Basilbits posts and post history. Plenty of senseless posts and random stuff. I have given you plenty of warning Basilbits. There won't be another one.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.