Search Unity

1. If you have experience with import & exporting custom (.unitypackage) packages, please help complete a survey (open until May 15, 2024).
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity 6 Preview is now available. To find out what's new, have a look at our Unity 6 Preview blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

AnimFollow, active ragdoll, free download.

Discussion in 'Works In Progress - Archive' started by Kavorka, Jan 1, 2014.

1. Kavorka

Kavorka

I'm doing the ragdoll and physics thing. Fairly successfully too. For any model you are animating, make a ragdoll of the model, add one script and assign the master model and you have a ragdoll doing the same animations but will be affected by physics. Add one more script and you get this:

Patrik

Free dowload here.

More videos

Last edited: Nov 19, 2015
  2. BDX777

BDX777

Hahaha I want this so bad. Hilarious.

3. Partel-Lang

Partel-Lang

You are my soul-mate :D

Using ConfigurableJoints for this?

4. Kavorka

Kavorka

Performance: The AnimFollow script executes in about 0.06 ms on my 2012 laptop with intel i7.

Partel: I have seen your work and also concluded that we are both cut from the same, very rare, cloth. About the technology of this, I combine configurable joints with AddTorque and AddForce.

Last edited: Feb 1, 2014
  5. Hamesh81

Hamesh81

When are you releasing this? Very keen

6. Kavorka

Kavorka

Last edited: Feb 25, 2014
  7. Kavorka

Kavorka

Have a look at the web player with an updated version including foot IK. Note: this version is not yet on the asset store. It will be in about a week, I hope.

web player link

8. AlteredPlanets

AlteredPlanets

Nice I guess I will just wait for this. Because I was having this getting up glitching problem.

9. Griffo

Griffo

Hi Kavorka,

I've just purchased your asset and I followed your tutorial videos, how to make a good rag doll and how to animate a rag doll with AnimFollow, but I seem to have a problem, I added the ReplaceJoints_S script and it added all the configurable joints, I then added the AnimFollow_S script and added the master in the inspector, but when I press play the master disappears and the rag doll just drops to the ground, video link below.

Do you know why this would happen?

Thanks.

Kevin.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=suid...uGand-6xW9jgiQ

$Screen Shot 2014-03-16 at 15.04.42.png

10. Kavorka

Kavorka

Yes, We solved it in the other thread. Glad to help.

PS. Do not turn of the warnings, I check stuff and give help in a log a warning if a see something that needs fixing. Other than that my scripts should compile cleanly, with zero warnings.

Last edited: Mar 16, 2014
  11. Kavorka

Kavorka

I am working on the next update of AnimFollow. Jump, strafe, crouch and blends of them. Character falls of ledges. Character is soft so you can push him around without him falling. I will fix so that when you push or drag the character, the animator will play an appropriate animation. There will also be some performance improvements. See some of it in this video:

Play the web player of the current version on my home page.

12. SteveB

SteveB

I'm actually not entirely sure what I'm looking at in that video that relates to AnimFollow, other than the pushing at the end? :D

13. Kavorka

Kavorka

Very accurate Steve! AnimFollow is about controlling a ragdoll with physics. So only the pushing in the end requires AnimFollow. This relates to the asset AnimFollow in the way that the example scene will include a better character controller.

Last edited: Apr 4, 2014
  14. SteveB

SteveB

Oh I know very well what this does, just not what you were showing in the video at the beginning. Are you simply showing that the ragdoll is matching the characters base animations?

Don't get me wrong, I think the asset is great, I just didn't know what you were adding in the latest version. :D

Thanks man!

15. Kavorka

Kavorka

I saw you know well, I was not telling you, I was agreeing with you. I have learned though, that many customers want to use the example character controller, and to accomodate them I am improving it. This video really first came about because a customer is doing a clumsy ninja like game and using AnimFollow. I wanted to show him that the next version will have the improved soft character quality shown in the end. I posted it also to show other customers that I am working on improving AnimFollow further and showing them what to expect in the near future.

Thanks for your interest and for liking the asset.
    Patrik

Edit: To be clear: The first part of the video just shows that the included character controller is now going to be usable. Some of it is actually really good. There are hardly any transitions to make the moves look canned and unnatural. Crouch and jump, as example, blends over any other state proportional to speed and elevation respectively. Strafe and walk-run-sprint also blends.

Last edited: Apr 4, 2014
  16. lazygunn

lazygunn

Quick question, hope its relevant. but does this play alright with final IK? Them both mixed together would be a beautiful thing

17. Kavorka

Kavorka

I think it is relevant. This should work well with Final IK. There is already foot IK included in the AnimFollow asset. Just time any IK to execute right before or right after the existing IK and it should be dandy.

18. blueivy

blueivy

I know I'm late to the party but this asset looks great!

19. kilik128

kilik128

about one hit reaction system like

public AnimFollow.AnimFollow_AF animFollow;
    void FixedUpdate () {
    animFollow.DoAnimFollow();

try keep player on leg just for see what's happen

20. mkgm

mkgm

Kavorka:
    Great asset!!!

Do you have plans for the next version?
    If yes, do you have an ETA?

21. Kavorka

Kavorka

Thank you.
    I do work on an asset to surpass this. I want to release it this month, but it may have to wait until next month.

mkgm likes this.
  22. Kavorka

Kavorka

dyupa and nuverian like this.
  23. Jeepjump

Jeepjump

Hey, I have a question about this. I tried applying the anim follow script to my model. It works but only on the T pose. It doesn't actually apply any animations I try. Is there any reason for this?
    Thanks a lot.