Search Unity

iOS coupon codes or promo codes?

Discussion in 'iOS and tvOS' started by kurylo3d, Dec 30, 2013.

1. kurylo3d

kurylo3d

I am a first time iOS developer and soon will be submitting an app. One of my plans to help sell this app is to use other people to tell their friends... those people would have a coupon code so their friends could save money.

The idea is for me to be able to track who got someone to buy the app using a coupon code and how many times.

This way I can give that person a cut of hte profits depending on how many people they themselves got to buy it.

The idea situation is create various coupon codes and track how many purchases were made with those coupon codes.

Is there any way to do that?

2. Ctls_Rajesh

Ctls_Rajesh

Your idea is good but no experience about it.

3. GregMeach

GregMeach

Apple allows you 100 (was 50) Promo codes to allow users to download your app for FREE. They expire after 30 days. On every update you release the Promo counter is reset.

You cannot track these Promo codes and if you use them you will have $0.00 to share with anyone.

Your idea is similar to those of TapJoy, which is no longer functioning on the App Store as Apple frowns upon "pay-to-install" schemes.

There are things you can do however they would require your own server to track codes along with "something" in your app that has value that you would "reward" users.

In my most popular game I have numerous "reward codes" that the player can enter and get "free" IAP content.

4. kurylo3d

kurylo3d

I just don't understand why its such a big deal for these companies to allow you to handle promo codes. Do you know if you can do promo codes with android?