Search Unity

BB10 Assetbundles and StreamingAssets folder

Discussion in 'BlackBerry' started by pahe, Dec 29, 2013.

1. pahe

pahe

Hey guys.

I'm currently trying to get my game onto the BB10 device and I'm having some troubles with my Assetbundles. I'm building the bundels for the BB10 platform and store them in the StreamingAssets folder with a "/bb10/" path suffix. This works in a similar way for my Android and my iOS device, but now comes the tricky part. I researched a lot for finding the correct path for my Android device and that I had to add the "jar" prefix to the path, as well as the "!/assets" to it. The path for finding the correct streamingassets files for my Android device looks like:

Code (csharp):
    1. "jar:" + Application.dataPath + "!/assets/" + platformUrlPath; // platformUrlPath is "bb10/" for blackberry and "android" for android
    I'm not very good in native programming, neither Android nor BB, but the BB OS is very similar to Android as I heard. I tried the same path per- and suffixes for my BB app, but it didn't work (also without these). Does anyone have successfully used Assetbundles in the StreamingAssets folder for Blackberry and could tell me what I'm doing wrong?

Thx 4 help!

Last edited: Dec 31, 2013
  2. AlexThibodeau

AlexThibodeau

Unity Technologies

The tests that I've done just had the asset bundles that were being used sitting in the Assets/StreamingAssets folder. No special prefix or suffix aside from the normal ".unity3d" extension.

3. pahe

pahe

Hey thanks Alex. Got it working finally. I thought I had it tried, but maybe I was wrong. This code references to the streamingassets folder on the device for BlackBerry:

Code (csharp):
    1. return Application.dataPath + "/Raw/";
    Thx!