Search Unity

Teamspeak Mac Dllnotfoundexception ts3client_win32

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by maddymac, Dec 25, 2013.

1. maddymac

maddymac

I am trying to integrate a teamspeak plugin with unity3D, I have made c# plugin as a wrapper dll. The plugin works fine in editor and also with PC standalone when i copy the plugin files to my project folder for unity Editor and copy the native plugin files manually to build folder along with my EXE file. i have used debug configuration and 32 bit architecture for the plugin build process of c# wrapper .
    Problem is
    - when i make a mac OS X build, i am getting DllNotFoundException. My c# plugin file is in the app located at "\Contents\Data\Managed" along with other unity related plugins which means unity is recognizing my wrapper plugin but not copying the native plugins.

Things already tried :

- I copied the native plugins also in the Assets/Plugins/ folder so as they are also copied, but unity didn't include them in build.

- I tried putting my native plugin in "\Contents\Data\Managed" folder and also in other folders in the app,still it was not able to find the dll.

- I tried putting the dylib file which came with the native plugin, also along with my wrapper plugin but it didn't work.

- I tried to do a dllmap in the config file at "\Contents\Data\Managed\etc\mono" using
    <dllmap dll="ts3client_win32" target="libts3client_mac.dylib" /> also, but it didn't work.

- I tried putting the dll and dylib files in /lib , /usr/lib folders also but it didn't work.

- I tried to make a .bundle file in xcode and linked the 2 dylib files from the sdk for mac, set the build architecture to 32 bit and created the bundle file, and then put the bundle file in unity project. At first unity didn't export put the bundle file with .app file but when i renamed it to my wrapper c# plugin name, unity was able to put the bundle file in the app in plugins folder. On loading the app, i still got the dll not found exception "ts3client_win32". I got a forum link where they are saying that bundle file needs to be made from xcode project where dylib files were made.

http://answers.unity3d.com/questions/23615/how-to-make-unity-find-dylib-files.html

Quote : "AFAIK, there is no way to convert dylibs to bundles, and you are correct that Unity will need bundles to load native C++ code on Mac OS X. You need to have the XCode project used to generate the dylib files, and reconfigure that to output bundles."

Is there anything i am doing wrong ?
    I am out of ideas. Any help is appreciated.