Search Unity

Build an FPS from scratch in 4 weeks using Unity and Playmaker in this course

Discussion in 'Community Learning & Teaching' started by gautsch, Dec 21, 2013.

1. gautsch

gautsch

Hi all,

I just wanted to let you know about I course I organised which will be starting 6 Jan 2014.

You can find out more about it here: Course Outline

I've also posted a weekly curriculum here.

indie game school is brand new and this our first course. I'd be happy to answer any questions you have about the course. Also be sure to check our Courses FAQ.

Hope to see you on our site! :D

Cheers,

Guido

2. gautsch

gautsch

Feeling Christmassy, so I'm extending the $10 off promo until the end of Christmas Day UTC, so another 20 hours.

Remember, A$40 gets you not only the tuts but also feedback on your work from an industry veteran and the ability to ask questions in forums and live sessions.

Cheers,

Guido

3. gautsch

gautsch

We're running a little contest to celebrate the launch of our course next week.

We’re giving away 5 spots on our Unity + Playmaker = FPS course! All you have to do is suggest your original FPS game idea in the comments on our blog, here or on one of our social media sites, and we’ll pick the five we most want to see made.

See the details here.

4. gautsch

gautsch

Our course has started! You can still join in in the fun. Some fantastic game design documents have already been posted and about 3 hours worth of Week 1 lectures are up. :cool:

Link

Last edited: Jan 7, 2014
  5. gautsch

gautsch

We're running the course again in a couple of weeks!
    It starts on 28 April and will go for 4 weeks.
    You can sign up here.

We’re opening enrolments today for Round 2 – starting 28 April. And for the next three days (until midnight 16 Apr), we’re running an early bird special for A$79 (about US$70), so $20 off the regular price of A$99.

For that you you get:

- to make your own playable game prototype – not follow along someone else’s like in regular tutorials
    - an industry veteran game designer as an instructor to answer your questions
    - 9+ hours of high-quality lectures on rapid prototyping with Unity, Playmaker and the 3D app of your choice
    - two one-hour live sessions (like Skype, but better) with Christopher, plus more ‘social’ hangout sessions to just talk about our progress
    - a video review of your whitebox with running commentary from Christopher
    - a group of like-minded people like you to take the course together with and to get useful feedback from

We hope to see you there :)

Find out more here: http://indiegameschool.com.au/classroom