Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Avalon Lords

Discussion in 'Works In Progress - Archive' started by frankcefalu, Dec 18, 2013.

1. frankcefalu

frankcefalu

Hey Unity Community,

I am in charge of a project that is big in heart and nature called Avalon Lords built in Unity. So lets get to the Juicy Parts. The Media!

$forum-post2.png

$archery-range.jpg
    $stable.png
    $church-building.png
    $church.png

Some Short background on the game for now.

Avalon Lords is a Castle Building RTS MMO Video Game. If you like games such as Warcraft 2 or Red Alert 2, but want to play in a MMO setting such as Stronghold Kingdoms, or Clash of Clans, this is the game for you.

Not Free 2 Play, so don't expect to get your wallet out constantly to just do any simple tasks like fight. We are going to charge a one time fee, you get in, and you expect to do one thing, build your empire.

Fast pace. Forget those slow games that try to be a RTS MMO, this is a fast pace setting. So expect to get your city up, or before you know it you will be decimated.

Helping out

We are small but always looking for help on the game. If you think you have something you'd think you can contribute, reach out!!

Website
    http://www.avalonlords.com

Facebook
    http://www.facebook.com/avalonlords

Steam Greenlight Concepts
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=189470426

2. MrProfessorTroll

MrProfessorTroll

3. GeneBox

GeneBox

B2P is probably my favorite model so far, don't even mind the in-game shop, it's usually fair (like cosmetic items etc.). Great looking too, wish you guys all the luck!

4. frankcefalu

frankcefalu

Thanks guys! Glad you like it so far! Hoping to have gameplay soon enough!

5. Goregaming

Goregaming

Looks really good.

6. frankcefalu

frankcefalu

7. frankcefalu

frankcefalu

New Characters coming up soon

Attached Files:

8. frankcefalu

frankcefalu

Finally were able to render up some models in game. The units in game are as follows. The Swordman, The Paladin Knight, and the Vet Swordman. These are custom models. Ontop of that, this game is played from a top down view point, traditional RTS view. but we are just showing the quality of the models. As well as some models of our Walls/Tower Structures, and a tiny bit of our atmosphere and terrain =) $1965455_854573864569779_453417315_o.jpg

We also have fully revitalized and revamped our website from the ground up!

http://www.avalonlords.com

We are a small team from NYC, but we are really trying to make a effort to show the depth of our game, and our vision. The game has over 350 pages of lore written, and we will be adding more of it to the website to allure our users with what is to come for their gameplay.

Last edited: Mar 22, 2014
  9. monsieur_alpha123121

monsieur_alpha123121

You say small but in my opinion you are making a game/website which looks like Topnotch game.

10. Velo222

Velo222

Your video intros and menu and things look great. And even the little bit of the world you show. But I'm really unclear as to exactly what it will be or look like. Is it going to be mostly in first-person view, or mostly in like an rts "top-down" view with camera at like 45 degree angle?

Or is it going to be like the Total War series, with a strategic map, and then you fight battles in first person mode?

So, it looks cool, but I'm not sure what it is ;)

11. frankcefalu

frankcefalu

Thanks guys,

To answer some questions. This is going to be a traditional top down view. The camera is 360 degree rotatable though, so you can setup shots like I am showing above. So, more akin to Total Wars Series or Age of Empires. Only difference is the goal is to setup your Kingdom for long term conquest versus short battles.

We are trying to go to Indie Go Go Soon, in about 30 days, but before we do that we want to have game play footage ready to go beforehand so we can really show what we are gearing for as far as gameplay.

12. frankcefalu

frankcefalu

New Update Today, Two New Screenshots, one is here in this post. Below and the other is here. Hope you guys like the progress thus far!!!

http://imgur.com/CfJQpdr

$cover2.png

13. primus88

primus88

I think there is one major flaw with your marketing, which is the acute lack of information.
    Screens are good, trailer is good, but frankly I know nothing more about your game than before. At this moment, for the common player, your game doesn't stand out with anything. It is medieval, it is RTS similar to Warcraft and/or Stronghold.

You guys need to focus more on convincing the viewers to love and support your game. In order for them to do that, they need to get to know your game.
    It is just like I would show you a picture of a woman and ask you to marry her. Would you do it without knowing more about her? ;)