Unity Community


Page 1 of 21 12311 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 413

  1. Posts
    371

    [RELEASED] Universal Fighting Engine (UFE)

    Universal Fighting Engine (or U.F.E.) is a tool designed to help indie developers and small companies to make their own 2.5D fighting game using a full open source framework and easy to use visual editors. Those who studied fighting games have probably realized just how complex even the smallest thing is when dealing with balance and frame data. Charts upon charts of information you just can't see while playing, not to mention the highly complex aspects of hitboxes and unique physics. That's where Universal Fighting Engine comes in. UFE provides you with an open fighting game engine ready to use, highly customizable data frame and easy to use character and move editors similar to those used by Capcom and NeatherRealm to create games like Street Fighter 4, Killer Instinct, Mortal Kombat and Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3.

    Currently UFE only supports 2.5D gameplay, but it will soon also support full 3D arena (Tekken, Dead or Alive, Virtual Fighter, etc.)

    Here are just a few of the features UFE provide:
    - Support for Mecanim as well as Legacy animations
    - Special move execution system.
    - Precision hit boxes.
    - Combo system.
    - Custom input manager.
    - Cinematic move editor.
    - Easy to use editor tools.
    - Visual frame data editor (startup, active and recovery frames)
    - Fully inpendent GUI scripts to allow for easy third party assets implementations.
    - Animation and camera preview tools.
    - Fully commented open source GUI scripts.
    - Over 100 animations included (60+ Mecanim ready), all UFE coded and ready to use.
    - 5 GUI templates with fully commented scripts.
    - Several free to use sound effects and music files

    U.F.E. works with the free as well as the pro version of Unity. Requires Unity 4.3 or higher

    Documentation & feature list: http://www.ufe3d.com
    Upcoming Features: http://www.ufe3d.com/doku.php/upcomingfeatures
    Forum: http://www.ufe3d.com/forum



    Demo Included
    Name:  gameplay_screenshot3.jpg
Views: 16139
Size:  149.5 KB

    Extensive move options
    Name:  FrameDataRyu_cLP.jpg
Views: 15928
Size:  147.0 KB

    Mecanim support
    Name:  gameplay_screenshot6.jpg
Views: 11089
Size:  226.0 KB


    Videos:
    A fan-made tech demo using League of Legends characters:


    Mecanim Animations Compatibility:


    How move editor works:


    Small combo compilation video:


    How to setup your character's hit boxes:


    Click here to watch more videos





    UFE Features and Prices
    Universal Fighting Engine
    Basic
    Pro
    Pro (Source)
    Special Moves
    yes
    yes
    yes
    Projectile System
    yes
    yes
    yes
    Display (combo counter, etc.)
    yes
    yes
    yes
    Gauge System
    yes
    yes
    yes
    Mecanim Animations
    no
    yes
    yes
    Cinematics
    no
    yes
    yes
    Intro/Outro animations
    no
    yes
    yes
    Parry
    no
    yes
    yes
    Move Link
    no
    yes
    yes
    Open Source Code
    no
    no
    yes
    Support
    forum + e-mail
    forum + e-mail
    + skype
    Prices (Asset Store)
    Prices (Sellfy)
    Release Date




    Are you a student?
    Send me a PM with the details of your course, school, and plans to use UFE and I'll provide you a 20% discount on any version!


    Name:  wiki:unity_as_badge.png
Views: 12276
Size:  8.1 KB Name:  sellfybutton.png
Views: 15751
Size:  9.6 KB


    Current Version: 1.0.4 (change log)


    If you wish to upgrade your existing copy of UFE, send me a private message with your receipt/invoice number and I'll provide you with a special discounted version of the desired product (the discount being the price difference between the 2). If you bought UFE during any discount season and wish to update it, don't worry, you only have to pay the difference for the original price.


    If you are a modeler or an animator and would like to sells assets in the asset store, contact me so we can help one another!

    If you are a coder looking for a job and would like to help develop UFE, contact me and let me know your skills and expertises




    Click here to go to the original W.I.P. Post.
    You can use it as reference and to read more about the development history of UFE.
    Last edited by MMind; 2 Weeks Ago at 01:15 PM.


  2. Posts
    371
    More screenshots!

    Workplace
    Name:  workplace.jpg
Views: 15825
Size:  162.0 KB

    Global Editor: GUI Options
    Name:  GlobalEditor2.jpg
Views: 15631
Size:  66.5 KB

    Character Editor
    Name:  CharacterEditor.jpg
Views: 15594
Size:  73.3 KB

    Hitbox Editor
    Name:  ufe102.jpg
Views: 10935
Size:  112.2 KB

    Move Editor
    Name:  MoveEditorTutorial.jpg
Views: 10934
Size:  177.1 KB
    Last edited by MMind; 01-29-2014 at 07:55 PM.


  3. Posts
    36
    Bought it!

    Well done Daniel. I can not wait for the awesome updates to arrive in the new year.

    AI is my most anticipated upcoming feature as I want to create a great single player fighter with a strong story.
    In the mean time, I have loads of things to be getting on with like creating characters / animations / storylines, etc.

    Hopefully I will get loads of time over the festive period to give my project a proper kick start using UFE as an amazing foundation!

    "I'm dreaming of a fiiiight Christmas. Just like the ones I used to know...."



  4. Posts
    2,247
    Is it on Asset Store? Because I can't find it.


  5. Posts
    371
    Quote Originally Posted by I am da bawss View Post
    Is it on Asset Store? Because I can't find it.
    Unity has recently removed the package from the asset store because of some small issues, but it will soon be back online.
    Last edited by MMind; 02-19-2014 at 05:15 PM.


  6. Posts
    45
    sorry to be a retard i cant even get the demo to work i click on start then i m stuck on character select page cant do anything from there,in unity it says Input Axis P1KeyboardHorizontal is not setup ,ive followed your setup instructions any ideas thanks


  7. Posts
    371
    Quote Originally Posted by johnny12345 View Post
    sorry to be a retard i cant even get the demo to work i click on start then i m stuck on character select page cant do anything from there,in unity it says Input Axis P1KeyboardHorizontal is not setup ,ive followed your setup instructions any ideas thanks
    Have you gone through the installation notes?
    http://www.ufe3d.com/doku.php/installation

    You need to replace the file InputManager.asset from the folder "ProjectSettings" inside your project folder with the file provided under "Assets\InputManager".

    Sorry about this step, but currently there is no other way around with Unity since it doesn't let us export the ProjectSettings folder onto the package.


  8. Posts
    45
    sorry im an idiot,id left both imput managers in there,but renamed the new one old lol thanks.
    on a side note or request if possible
    3d character selection,like a round plinth for each player, each character would be 3d sat on the plinth with a small animation as you cycle through the character the character changes on the plinth


  9. Posts
    371
    Quote Originally Posted by johnny12345 View Post
    sorry im an idiot,id left both imput managers in there,but renamed the new one old lol thanks.
    on a side note or request if possible
    3d character selection,like a round plinth for each player, each character would be 3d sat on the plinth with a small animation as you cycle through the character the character changes on the plinth
    Yup that is a great idea =)
    I'm actually planning on having several different character selection screens sold separately, and I even encourage other developers to create similar addons to the engine!


  10. Posts
    18
    It may have been removed due to the uTomateProjectProperties.asset in the root as that could be found in the uTomate asset as well?


  11. Posts
    371
    Quote Originally Posted by Nosferatu View Post
    It may have been removed due to the uTomateProjectProperties.asset in the root as that could be found in the uTomate asset as well?
    oh wow was that in the package? Darn it, I installed it to try something else with package export but I guess I left a trail there.
    I believe I removed that trace in my last update to Unity, but its hard to tell what they mean without much information ><
    uTomateProjectProperties.asset is actually just a dummy file. The entire uTomate addon was removed from the package either way. But thanks for the heads up =)


  12. Posts
    371
    Guys, couple question, and I don't want to use the poll system because I recently learned you can't change it or remove it once its there lol

    What is more important to you right now?
    Demo of the product or the cheaper compiled versions? If the answer is the cheaper compiled versions, which one exactly?


  13. Posts
    14
    Quote Originally Posted by MMind View Post
    Guys, couple question, and I don't want to use the poll system because I recently learned you can't change it or remove it once its there lol

    What is more important to you right now?
    Demo of the product or the cheaper compiled versions? If the answer is the cheaper compiled versions, which one exactly?
    I think for a great deal of casual users would find the cheaper compiled version fairly useful. I can easily see your framework replacing MUGEN altogether and it could potentially see a great deal of that community migrating over. Me personally, I couldn't live without the source code, but I think the Pro version would serve the vast majority of your users very well.


  14. Posts
    2
    I have a question, will there be any Holiday day deals for the open source version? If not its cool, just thought I'll ask since it's going to take me a month or so to save up for it anyways. lol.

    Quote Originally Posted by liero116 View Post
    Me personally, I couldn't live without the source code
    Same here!

    I think a demo would be good, so that people can get some hands on experience, just to let them know what limitations/ non limitations , they are looking for.
    Last edited by magnetoman; 12-19-2013 at 01:20 PM.


  15. Posts
    371
    Quote Originally Posted by magnetoman View Post
    I have a question, will there be any Holiday day deals for the open source version? If not its cool, just thought I'll ask since it's going to take me a while to save up for it anyways. lol.

    I prefer demo.
    Unfortunately the holiday discount is the one that is already in motion hehe. The actual price for the source is $199. Also, as much as I'd like to, I can't offer more discounts as a consideration for those who already purchased =)

    I actually decided to take road number 1 and I'm half way through maybe -just maybe- finish the pro compiled version. I'm also gonna update the prices a bit upon its release.

    In essence I'll be getting rid of the advanced version and making the PRO compiled for just $95.00!

    Now guys, trust me when I say this: If you really want to make a professional piece of work I honestly recommend the open source version. With the compiled version you might end up hitting walls in the long run.

    Of course, I'll still offer ways for you to upgrade to pro source at any time.


    As for a playable demo, its my next priority after this.
    Last edited by MMind; 12-19-2013 at 01:15 PM.


  16. Posts
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by MMind View Post
    Unfortunately the holiday discount is the one that is already in motion hehe. The actual price for the source is $199. Also, as much as I'd like to, I can't offer more discounts as a consideration for those who already purchased =)

    I actually decided to take road number 1 and I'm half way through maybe -just maybe- finish the pro compiled version. I'm also gonna update the prices a bit upon its release.

    In essence I'll be getting rid of the advanced version and making the PRO compiled for just $95.00!

    Now guys, trust me when I say this: If you really want to make a professional piece of work I honestly recommend the open source version. With the compiled version you might end up hitting walls in the long run.

    Of course, I'll still offer ways for you to upgrade to pro source at any time.


    As for a playable demo, its my next priority after this.
    That sounds fair. Never hurt to ask,lol. Will it be up on asset store later in the future.


  17. Posts
    371
    Quote Originally Posted by magnetoman View Post
    That sounds fair. Never hurt to ask,lol. Will it be up on asset store later in the future.
    Its already being reviewed by the Asset Store. With any luck, maybe today or tomorrow!


  18. Posts
    371
    Good news guys.
    Prices updated once more, and pro version (compiled) has just been sent to the Asset Store.
    You can get it now on sellfy.


  19. Posts
    14
    Quote Originally Posted by MMind View Post
    Good news guys.
    Prices updated once more, and pro version (compiled) has just been sent to the Asset Store.
    You can get it now on sellfy.
    Leave both up in my opinion...some of us like to use source codes and some don't

Page 1 of 21 12311 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •