Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Ad networks for blackberry

Discussion in 'BlackBerry' started by chandu125, Dec 11, 2013.

1. chandu125

chandu125

Hi Friends,
    Is there any unity plugin for integrating ads into games other than blackberry advertising servicve.Present i am using bbads revinue is $0.let me know is there any possibility ad network for blackberry and unity....

2. WaterlooErik

WaterlooErik

In terms of SDK integration, everything (currently) will tie back into the native Advertising SDK which has a very low fill-rate. Our teams are working on improving the native SDK, but perhaps we can come up with something in the meantime.

What I have in mind is tying into something the likes of Smaato or Millenial Media, which both offer web-based SDKs (i.e. you make a web request to their service and they return some images.)

What I haven't had the opportunity to do yet is examine the ability to make these requests from within Unity, and how exactly the response (if we're able to get one) can be leveraged. Has anyone by chance had any experience with Web Services from inside of Unity to confirm whether this is something that is viable?

I plan to explore this over the coming week, but any input is definitely welcome.

3. Jonny-Roy

Jonny-Roy

Hi Erik,

WWW class allows you to make easy cross platform POST and GET requests, they are create for services that use JSON or simple text responses. For SOAP it's not as easy from Unity, if you wanted to go the soap route you'd be better off creating a native plugin or creating a server side proxy to handle the coms.

But depending on the SOAP on the service you could always get it back and parse it from script it would just be harder.

Jon

4. WaterlooErik

WaterlooErik

Awesome, I'll try my hand at Smaato next week.

5. onebird

onebird

Did you have any luck with integrating ads into a BlackBerry app?

6. lloydsummers

lloydsummers