Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Harvesting Stars (working title)

Discussion in 'Works In Progress - Archive' started by Spandoh, Dec 9, 2013.

1. Spandoh

Spandoh

Hi
    New to the forums.

I've been working on this game for some time now. It was originally intended to be an interactive graphic novel but has morphed into something a little more complex.

A little about my project

Harvest the Stars (New title)

You are a robot created by the human race using a newly found element called Compound 13. Sadly you are sent to the moon to be decommissioned (recycled) due to being one of the first of your kind.

Fortunately, the humans are preparing to send one of your kind to Mars to begin building the new Mars Colony so you have been put to work.
    Your objective is to harvest resources from the moon surface, meteorites, micro meteorites, and plants you grow for the Mars mission.
    Once your mission is complete you will be turned into a nice toaster or microwave...or will you???

Right now the story is still in the works, the graphics are in concept and I have yet to think about sound and music but the functionality is almost complete so I'm happy with my progress.

In the end the game will still be driven by a graphic novel I'm working on but that will be more for cut scenes.

I'll upload some screen shots in a few days but here is a video of the gameplay right now.

It runs on Android and PC and will run on Mac and iPhone once it's completed (I hope)

[video=youtube_share;r1_NMaj4x6Q]http://youtu.be/r1_NMaj4x6Q

December 15 2013 :

This is the concept of the main character i'm working on. This is different than the temp Character used in the video. I'll upload a new video once I've imported the character into the game.

$Pip-N_Concept1.jpg

This is the site for the game right now.
    www.chickenbunks.com
    Adding more content to the development section.

Last edited: Dec 16, 2013
  2. SEG-Veenstra

SEG-Veenstra

Looks pretty nice, good luck man!

3. ScottSewards

ScottSewards

Seems very interesting. I would like to see this product finished. Good luck!

Scott.

4. Spandoh

Spandoh

Working on the main character. This is a video of Pip-N and his animations. Not sure if i'm happy with them yet. I'm also working on his textures as the one's in use right now are just temps.

[video=youtube_share;w-O0uP5PSUs]http://youtu.be/w-O0uP5PSUs

5. GeneBox

GeneBox

Sounds very interesting indeed and I like the little dude too.

6. Spandoh

Spandoh

Here is an updated gameplay video using the new model. I'm still working on getting the animations to work the way I want them too but its looking nice in my opinion.

7. Zahidylin_Marat

Zahidylin_Marat

Hello. I like resource extraction...and concept art.

8. Spandoh

Spandoh

9. Spandoh

Spandoh

Updated the demo to include more content and revised method for the NPC's to walk around (not perfect yet)
    I'm still working on animations so some don't work with specific actions like watering plants.

Check it out here

http://www.chickenbunks.com/harvest-the-stars-web-demo/

10. Spandoh

Spandoh