Search Unity

[Open Source] UdpKit, a networking library for .NET/Mono/Unity

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by fholm, Dec 4, 2013.

1. MD_Reptile

MD_Reptile

@fholm I am curious if this project is still being developed any further? I know that you have Bolt to take care of and since your not directly making any money off this, it is probably stagnant somewhat, but I hope that it supports unity 5x and that it still is under bugfix development.

I was thinking of possibly using this in a project I am working on but wanted to find out what the future of this asset is first.

2. J_P_

J_P_

Is there a built in way to break up a large packet into smaller parts and reconstruct it on the other end?

edit: nevermind -- came up with a way to manually segment packets

Last edited: Jun 7, 2015
  3. dkoontz

dkoontz

I am trying to find the current location of UdpKit. The github page at https://github.com/fholm/udpkit is gone and I can't find UdpKit under the private Bolt GitHub repo either as was mentioned in another thread. I don't see anything but the compiled .dll's for UdpKit in the Bolt repo. I am happy to pay for Bolt if it means I keep getting updates for UdpKit which I have built my infrastructure on, can you please point me to where I can find up to date versions?

4. Onialonn

Onialonn

Are there examples of use UdpReliableBuffer?

5. b29superfortress

b29superfortress

Looks like the original udpkit repo was shut down. I've managed to compile this .unitypackage from tanhaiwang/udpkit repo. It works in editor but I not tested it on any other platform yet.

Attached Files:

jason-fisher likes this.
  6. localhost

localhost

Tried this, when receiving the packet on the server or the client, it's empty. Comes up as 0.

case UdpEventType.ObjectReceived:
    UdpLog.User("Object Recieved, sending to clients");
    //Let's test it on the server first
    var test = ev.Object as Packet;
    Command cmd = test.commands.Dequeue();
    UdpLog.User(cmd.commandid.ToString();
    break;

7. fholm

fholm

The public/open-source version of UdpKit has been discontinued, I would advise anyone to use something different.

8. localhost

localhost

Any tips for my issue if possible?
    I'm using dotnet without unity and udpkit seems like a good solution, even if it is discontinued. I would pay for a solution if it helps

9. J_P_

J_P_

Think I found a bug -- might affect others using the latest open source version. User kept getting kicked shortly after joining, though it was inconsistent in terms of time after joining.

In udpConnection.cs, in ParseHeader() it checks whether packet is within window size before checking if the packet is old. So a single old packet can trigger a timeout connection error and kick them.

Just putting old packet check first seems to fix it for me. Corrected:
    Code (csharp):
    2.             // this is an old packet
    3.             if (seqDistance <= 0)
    4.                 return false;
    7.             // we have to be within window size
    8.             if (seqDistance > socket.Config.PacketWindow || seqDistance < -socket.Config.PacketWindow) {
    9.                 ConnectionError(UdpConnectionError.SequenceOutOfBounds, string.Format("seqDistance: {0}, socket.Config.PacketWindow: {1}, header.ObjSequence: {2}, recvSequence: {3}", seqDistance, socket.Config.PacketWindow, header.ObjSequence, recvSequence));
    10.                 return false;
    11.             }

jason-fisher likes this.