Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Gamepad Offer Update

Discussion in 'BlackBerry' started by WaterlooErik, Nov 21, 2013.

1. WaterlooErik

WaterlooErik

Hello all, I just wanted to share this blog post that went live yesterday eve:
    http://devblog.blackberry.com/2013/...ft-right-left-right-b-a-gamepad-offer-update/

The post contains information on the gamepad offer (namely the first round of applications have been reviewed and, if you were expecting an email but have not received one, fire me an email: eoros@blackberry.com) The offer is still open until December 24 and if you hit any issues at any stage, please reach out.

There is also updated information on Gamepad integration within Unity. Specifically, updated mappings. If you've been keeping up with the threads here for the last few weeks then these aren't *additional* changes, the blog post simply captures the information we've found and puts it into one place.

Cheers!

2. dberroa

dberroa

3. AlexThibodeau

AlexThibodeau

Unity Technologies

dberroa, which release are you attempting to use the triggers in? I didn't add support for them until 4.3, so previous versions won't have support for them unfortunately. :-(

4. WaterlooErik

WaterlooErik

Let me confirm here and (best case) we'll update the DevBlog post with the good news :)

5. dberroa

dberroa

I have Unity 4.3. I'm not trying to use the triggers though, I just noticed that the blog post said that L2 and R2 are not working at all and I believe as of 4.3 that isn't the case anymore.

6. WaterlooErik

WaterlooErik

Correct, I just tested it out and on the MOGA Pro, L2 and R2 are mapped to the 9th axis and 10th axis respectively. I'll put in an update for the DevBlog (i.e. BlackBerry) post.

7. Grespon

Grespon

I'm starting a game using an Xbox Controller. I sent a bar to Blackberry Vendor, but the game has almost nothing at all. Is it enough to receive the gamepads and start developing with the correct mapping? Or will I have to develop the full game before receiving the gamepads?

8. WaterlooErik

WaterlooErik

As long as the submission is in draft mode and includes the use_gamepad permission (or gamepad keywords) then it should qualify (assuming the vendor hasn't already received hardware for another application submission.)

The list is compiled once a week (currently it is being done every Thursday), with emails going out every Friday/Monday to newly qualified developers.

As a side note, for any developers waiting on reviews, we're about to do another big push on reviewing approved / up for sale applications for the actual Gamepad Category, so if you're expecting a response but don't hear back by the 16th, then fire me an email (eoros@blackberry.com) with your App ID.

Cheers!

9. Grespon

Grespon

Erik,
    I noticed I forgot to include "Gamepad" tag in the Vendor Portal when I added the product. I only checked the Gamepad checkbox within Unity Player Settings before building. Is this enough??

10. WaterlooErik

WaterlooErik

Can you PM me the App ID for this app? I'll check whether it's been picked up by the system.

11. anshVol

anshVol

I received my device today finally, but I received only a steelseries controller no moga !!??
    Can you help me out with that ?
    Should I shoot a mail regarding the same ?

12. WaterlooErik

WaterlooErik